Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotpress shelving

• 11-09-2012 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Just starting to fit out my hotpress, there is shelves down one side and that is 7ft long. I have concrete walls on 3 sides. Just worried about support, what should i use? I was going to make simple supports out of the 2x1 i am using for the slats, one at about 2ft and another about 5ft along is that enough?

The other option is a leg from the floor but I think that will take away from the look of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Just starting to fit out my hotpress, there is shelves down one side and that is 7ft long. I have concrete walls on 3 sides. Just worried about support, what should i use? I was going to make simple supports out of the 2x1 i am using for the slats, one at about 2ft and another about 5ft along is that enough?

The other option is a leg from the floor but I think that will take away from the look of it?

A great idea i seen for a hotpress recently was a clothes rail - hang your wet clothes on the rail in winter and they will dry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Our plumber advised no fixed shelves to facilitate any future work.
    I got one of the black plastic coated wire shelving units from Argus for a few quid. Sits in great, and the wire lets the heat through, few minutes would remove the clothes and lift it out.

Just another idea

Advertisement