Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Issue

Options
  • 11-09-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I bought a nordmende tv and I can't get a code for my sky remote. I was on to company where I got it and they said that they would try to get me a code as they never heard of that problem before. I was told when I bought it that sky remotes would work with it. But now I want to return it, and they say they won't accept it back as its not faulty. It's says in there reciept that they will take back good if in original packaging? I still have the box, but they are saying its opened and seal is broke. Am I being irrational or do I have a leg to stand on??

Not up to date on my consumer rights?
    Any help would be appreciated?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Sorry mate.
    There is no comeback.
    The TV is not faulty.
    The shop is not entitled to take anything back if you don't like it or if you don't want it.

The only thing you can do here is keep pestering them to find the sky code. Have a few searches on google for it. If there's no look, try contacting Sky themselves and see if they can get it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gerry_G

I was thinking the same myself. In fairness they did say they would send a guy out to set it up for me, but I was under the impression that I was been sold a dud. Now I am after falling out with them so I'm afraid to ask them to come out. A sky installer said he would come out but he wants 50 euro. I think I'm after digging my own grave. Oops.

Thanks for the reply.

Appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SC Kevin

what model number is it gerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

OP,

Try 0065 or 1065 as the codes.

They should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SC Kevin

or 0537

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

If the person that sold you the TV said that it would work with your sky remote and it does not the item is not as described and you should get your money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Extinction

Have you tried the 'programme my remote' section in the customer service section after pressing the interactive button? As above 0065 should work, if the tv doesnt switch off when you put in the code and press the standby button press tv on the remote again and hit the standby button again, if it still doesn't work repeatedly press tv-standby tv-standby.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Try the codes suggested above or google the issue, had the same issue with a tv I bought last year....sorted it in the end though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gerry_G

Thanks for help guys. All sorted now!

Advertisement