Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parents abandoning their kids

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Enda1 it seems you are saying that you don't want to be a father but its someone elses responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen? :confused:

Logic = Fail

HairyPrincess you've done your best by your daughter and that's all you can do.
    Its heartbreaking for you now but at the end of the day its his loss.
    Take care

I do want to be a father actually do you're wrong there. Only a woman can give birth, only a woman can choose whether or not to bring a pregnancy to full term (barring complications). And sperm does not make a father except in the purely genetic sense. So your logic is false.

The man in hairyPrincess' case clearly sees it as his gain by the way, not a loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

My daughters dad doesn't have any contact with her. Every few months I will text him a picture of her, I never get a reply, however I do it to keep the door open. I want him to know that he can always be her father.

Last week I sent a picture and requested a delivery report on the phone, which I hadn't done for the previous pictures. I never got a report so I decided to ring his voicemail to see was his number still active. It appears he has blocked my number. It has been nine years since he has seen his daughter.

This thread is not about male bashing. I don't hate my ex for what he is doing. I feel pity for him. He will some day have to face the wrath of his daughter, and he will have to live with his conscience. Me being angry at him isn't going to make a blind bit of difference.

But, I decided to post this here as AH is predominately young men; I want to appeal to them not to reject their children, future or otherwise. It's not just you that you have to think about. You are doing untold lasting damage to your own child. So if any of you have kids that you don't see for whatever reason, make it your business to pick up the phone and be a parent to your child (this goes for the mammies too! I'm not solely picking on men!). Don't put it on the long finger any longer.

From a man who had a child try young, i do not know how people just turn around and say i am off. it fücking sickens me that people do this. i mean really sickens me. I once broke a guy who worked for me's jaw because he mad a joke of doing this to a girl he met a few years back and got pregnant.

I know a good few people who have gotten someone pregnant and then headed out of the country or what ever, i never understand who it doesn't play on their mind that there is a smaller version of themselves out there that they have no contact with.

if i had my way, both sides of the sexual reproductive tree would be tested at youth to see if they could make somewhat decent parents, the rest should be sterilized.

i have an uncle in law who we recently found out did this, i can't really talk to him anymore and used to get on with him, can't look him in the eye at their family meeting either and have not been shy in voicing my opinion on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

enda1 wrote: »
    I do want to be a father actually do you're wrong there.
    Not in the context of the scenario you outlined previously here:
    If a man is to meet a woman for a one night stand and she falls pregnant, he should have no qualms in not recognising the child as his, nor in paying anything (emotional or physical) towards it.
    Only a woman can give birth,
    Not in dispute
    only a woman can choose whether or not to bring a pregnancy to full term (barring complications).
    Not relevant, the issue isn’t the continuation of a pregnancy but the attempts made to prevent it in the first place.
    And sperm does not make a father except in the purely genetic sense.

That argument only holds water if your sperm was acquired by deception and the woman impregnated herself by turkey baster. :eek: If you made the ‘deposit’ directly then you had both the opportunity and the right to minimize the risks of an unwanted pregnancy if that was your choice. If you chose not to exercise your right to protect yourself from all unanticipated, undesired outcomes of that activity then you do have to take some responsibility for the consequences of making that choice. Caveat emptor one might say.
    So your logic is false.

We agree to disagree

I’m wildly off topic and so apologies HP and Mods. I’ll bow out now.
    :)

allibastor wrote: »
    From a man who had a child try young, i do not know how people just turn around and say i am off. it fücking sickens me that people do this. i mean really sickens me. I once broke a guy who worked for me's jaw because he mad a joke of doing this to a girl he met a few years back and got pregnant.

I know a good few people who have gotten someone pregnant and then headed out of the country or what ever, i never understand who it doesn't play on their mind that there is a smaller version of themselves out there that they have no contact with.

if i had my way, both sides of the sexual reproductive tree would be tested at youth to see if they could make somewhat decent parents, the rest should be sterilized.

i have an uncle in law who we recently found out did this, i can't really talk to him anymore and used to get on with him, can't look him in the eye at their family meeting either and have not been shy in voicing my opinion on the subject.

You've broken someone's jaw, ostracised a relative and would sterilise the population for not conforming to your world view? Right. Should have remembered not to try raise a serious debate in after hours when surrounded by such lunacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Seriously?

There are no words. It saddens me hugely that there are people in this world who think like this :(

Don't worry I seen some of the tripe he been posting in the property tax threads and he's a fairly cruel character all round

eth0 wrote: »
    Don't worry I seen some of the tripe he been posting in the property tax threads and he's a fairly cruel character all round

No need to personally abuse someone just cause they don't agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

allibastor wrote: »

You've broken someone's jaw, ostracised a relative and would sterilise the population for not conforming to your world view? Right. Should have remembered not to try raise a serious debate in after hours when surrounded by such lunacy.

Funny, I had that exact same thought when I read your first reply. Birds of a feather I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

According to enda, when a man sticks himself into a woman without protection, out of choosing, he then should be completely absolved of responsibility for his actions :rolleyes: Absolute tripe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

If he wasn't ready/willing/mature enough to be a father, then he should've known a bit more about contraception.

Either way, it's personal responsibility to be a parent.

Advertisement