Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfest Beag

Options
  • 11-09-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

http://oktoberfestbeag.ie/

Anyone been to last years? Is it worth paying in? Seems a bit pricey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Went last year and going again this year. Was enjoyable alright but then again s+s club at work paid :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It is well worth it. Been for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'm going on Thursday Sept 20th (my first time going), got half price tickets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

kingtut wrote: »
    I'm going on Thursday Sept 20th (my first time going), got half price tickets :D

How did you manage to get them half-price?

Is that because it's the Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

Na I'm going Thursday too and the tickets weren't half price! Doing the platinum package fir the seating but also because I think 4 beers will finish me off!

Are the beers 1L or 0.5L does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I'm heading in on the Thursday nite. It starts at 5 but I won't be there at that time, more like 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ludo wrote: »
    Went last year and going again this year. Was enjoyable alright but then again s+s club at work paid :-)

and still paying for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Heading on the 22nd can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

MrFrisp wrote: »
    How did you manage to get them half-price?

Is that because it's the Thursday?

LivingSocial had a deal running and you could choose between 4 dates. 2 Thursdays, a monday and a Sunday.

Nervosa wrote: »
    Na I'm going Thursday too and the tickets weren't half price! Doing the platinum package fir the seating but also because I think 4 beers will finish me off!

Are the beers 1L or 0.5L does anyone know?

4 x 0.5L or 2 x 1L.

The grub voucher can be used for beer also.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    The grub voucher can be used for beer also.

:)

Gotta love the German way of drinking!

Nah, thats the Irish way. Germans vould insists that ze voucher is used for ze food, not ze weissen.

Thursday will be the best day as there is Paulaner tasting at 5pm. Can't wait!

For those that haven't been in yet just a heads up; was in there last night and it was good craic. Not too crowded, the Paulaner Oktoberfest beer was the best I thought (there was another one I didn't like; can't remember the name but it was a bit too yeasty for me). Food is a choice between those hot dog yokes and the pork meat in a sandwich (pardon my uncultured description).
    There was a dude with a handlebar moustache wearing lederhosen who encourages everyone to get up on the tables and raise their glasses.
    Oh, and lots of lovely girls wearing the Bavarian dresses as well (and fairly low-cut their necklines were too :)).

I am headed in tonight. I reckon it will be pretty busy, given that its a friday and all. Should be there for about 5.30 and fall out of the place at kicking out time for a few more where ever anyone is kind enough to leave us in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

lukin wrote: »
    <snip>
    Oh, and lots of lovely girls wearing the Bavarian dresses as well (and fairly low-cut their necklines were too :)).
    would they have been like this? Or maybe a little more conservative?
    Just trying to get a feel for what its like seeing as theres very little on their facebook site.
    The traditional clothes are as much a part of the oktoberfest nowadays as anything else !

o1.jpg

also, I didnt see any Brezn (pretzels) - do they actually sell them there at all and are they the proper big steering wheel sized ones?

would they have been like this? Or maybe a little more conservative?
    Just trying to get a feel for what its like seeing as theres very little on their facebook site.
    The traditional clothes are as much a part of the oktoberfest nowadays as anything else !

o1.jpg
    :DHeh, no pun intended I'm sure. A bit more conservative than those pics but still very er, authentic.
    also, I didnt see any Brezn (pretzels) - do they actually sell them there at all and are they the proper big steering wheel sized ones?
    Yeah they had pretzels, they looked like the real ones to me.

?

There are hundreds of pics on their facebook site, and some extremely comely frauleins among them in their drndels etc :)

gimmick wrote: »
    There are hundreds of pics on their facebook site, and some extremely comely frauleins among them in their drndels etc :)

Are they dancing at the crossroads?:)

They can do as ever they please as long as they are quick and attentive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Do you get a small free sample of the Beers first (For taste purposes),or do you just have to buy the pint,or whatever and hope you like it?

Are the Beers/Food expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Do you get a small free sample of the Beers first (For taste purposes),or do you just have to buy the pint,or whatever and hope you like it?

Are the Beers/Food expensive?

I think they only have two beers. This isn't like the Franciscan Octoberfest, it's a Paulaner (or is it Erdinger) Festival. If you value titty women and smashing glasses over good beer it's grand. If not, go to a beer pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

is it ticket only? I'm in Dublin at the moment (can see them putting up the tents for this one right now) but I don't wanna drive down and find that I can't get in. I'd only be able to go Friday or Saturday this week or next. Errah, off to Munich in 3 weeks anyway. Won't be too sad if I don't go to OB

is it ticket only? I'm in Dublin at the moment (can see them putting up the tents for this one right now) but I don't wanna drive down and find that I can't get in. I'd only be able to go Friday or Saturday this week or next. Errah, off to Munich in 3 weeks anyway. Won't be too sad if I don't go to OB

You'd be safer booking; link to registration here:
    http://oktoberfestbeag.ie/event-registration/

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I think they only have two beers. This isn't like the Franciscan Octoberfest, it's a Paulaner (or is it Erdinger) Festival. If you value titty women and smashing glasses over good beer it's grand. If not, go to a beer pub.

Yeah there's only two beers, both Paulaner cause the whole thing is sponsored by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Was at it last year, great craic. Queues for beer were quite long, meaning you have to order two at a time (per person), meaning you're holding two heavy tankards of beer, meaning you drink quicker, meaning you're drunk. As I said, great craic....

Watching drunken girls falling off the bucking bull was quite funny to watch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Did they say there are bumper cars this year?

They were not open last night anyway.

Great night. Today is suffer time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Bit of a cheeky price increase this year! 20% incease in price of a beer!
    Steins now €12, madness

• Advertisement

Would I be right in saying they are more interested in large group bookings this year? Seen very little advertising aside from compnay night out ones.

Wouldn't be bothered with it any more either.

Advertisement