Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfest Beag

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Its badly run this year, We have a group of 11 people so we asked could we squeeze one more in as they sell tables of ten only, their answer was to book two tables of 10. So for 11 people we would be paying for 20. Bit of a disgrace that so we just ended up buying a spare entrance only ticket in the hope we can get the 11th man in.

Beer prices up 20% is also a bit cheeky. They will lose alot of goodwill this year Id say.
    This will definately be my last year anyway.

Between a glass deposit of a fiver, €12 for a Stein and paying €18 for a seat at a table, my first beer is costing €35

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Yeah doesn't seem as appealing this year with the price increases and them aiming more at large parties. A few of us might head along, we've had good craic in the past but not too bothered this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Guess the thinking behind it is; if went well last year let's try to ride people on price and hope they won't notice this year.
    Free cheap plastic hats to the first fools in the door, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Dammit didn't spot the price increase!!

20 of us going but the table booking was a right pain in the arse!
    There were originally 26 but we weren't going to book 3 tables and waste money!

They really screwed up the booking system this year.

Oh and if it is anything like last year people with general entry tickets will NOT get into the main tent at any point in the evening, also got stung by that last year!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Bit of a cheeky price increase this year! 20% incease in price of a beer!
    Steins now €12, madness

€6 for 500ml of beer you have no choice in - no thanks!

I haven't been in a couple of years but I remember lines maybe 20 people long to get a pint. That was enough to put me off at the time. Maybe that aspect is better now, but I'd rather go to a pub I like and pay €5 for a proper pint of my choice.

I saw the flyer and was a bit taken aback by the cheekiness of the prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

I've two tickets for tonight and won't be able to make it now with work... late notice I know and based on the above may not be a huge amount want them but if you do PM me and I can send them by mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Went this year again and had a great time, but the price increases and corner cutting was definitely noticable. Will be slower to sign up again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Went this year again and had a great time, but the price increases and corner cutting was definitely noticable. Will be slower to sign up again next year.

I agree, the cost of it was a bit of joke and the seating arrangement was crap (everything was so much better last year)
    Think I'll still go next year but I'd get a general entry ticket, there was way more craic outside than inside!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Rubbish night, was stuck in the corner, couldnt even hear the band, Music outside of the band was crap.. Thats the end of a 4 year run for us anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I did security at that place around three years ago, Jesus what a pain in the arse. It used to be on from 5-10pm so I thought people couldn't get into too much of a state in that time frame. There was multiple scrapping pretty much every day, every two seconds some gobsh*te would bang his glass against another one and burst them all over some table and I had to turf out at least ten people for reefing coke in the jacks.

All in all it looked like a scream, only for the fact I wasn't allowed join in.

• Advertisement

FTA69 wrote: »
    at least ten people for reefing coke in the jacks.

Thought with the 'downturn' everyone would be reduced to sniffing household cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Thought with the 'downturn' everyone would be reduced to sniffing household cleaners.

I also remember a fella actually whipped out his dick and p*ssed on a Polish doorman's leg while he was sending a text. Honest to God like, I think it's the 6% beer that sends people mental. They had that oompa loompa band too and every time they'd start people would jump up on the picnic tables, every night some clown would fall clean off it and the first aid box had to come out. Christ above, I still have nightmares about it. On top of that we were getting paid f*ck all because it was daytime hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I see "Voted Corks Best Night Out" is back (who votes for these things?)

Its at the Marquee this year. Prices are a bit complicated and insane. The top price for a table of 8 is €695 which includes 33 "free" drinks" and some food.

There are plenty other booze deals which do not include entrance ticket and they are now selling Bulmers at it.

Not gone in years. Wont be bothering this year either.

With prices like that they might be going for the corporate market.

People should vote with their feet and go elsewhere.

He has been aiming at the work night/corporate now for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Have to have it in a marquee because of the containers on the beamish site for the event centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

gimmick wrote: »
    I see "Voted Corks Best Night Out" is back (who votes for these things?)

Its at the Marquee this year. Prices are a bit complicated and insane. The top price for a table of 8 is €695 which includes 33 "free" drinks" and some food.

There are plenty other booze deals which do not include entrance ticket and they are now selling Bulmers at it.

Not gone in years. Wont be bothering this year either.

Went last year with work and there was about 75 of us went.

Just doing the math on the above quote basing it on how many people went the last time for us, it works out at about €6,500.

Our office is about a 2 minute walk from the Marquee to but I cant see us going back this year for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Its madly priced. I was chatting to one chap who was running it, as I mentioned last year I could not make head nor tail of the prices.. And all he did was waffle on tell me nothing I needed to know and let it at that. It is a shame as tis good laugh but mad money

Milly33 wrote: »
    Its madly priced. I was chatting to one chap who was running it, as I mentioned last year I could not make head nor tail of the prices.. And all he did was waffle on tell me nothing I needed to know and let it at that. It is a shame as tis good laugh but mad money

Having met and heard plenty about the guy who runs it he is a tool and is despised by anyone who he has ever done business with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

It could sort of be justified when in the beamish site but this new site is crazy. I wonder how other other publicans feel about a massive pop-up pub being built down the marina? At least in beamish they were drawing punters into the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

I will be avoiding it and going to the new one in city hall great irish beer fest. On around Sept 22 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭devondudley

gimmick wrote: »
    Having met and heard plenty about the guy who runs it he is a tool and is despised by anyone who he has ever done business with

jaysus this coming from a mod too, calling someone a tool for setting up a business that seems to be doing ok, I have never been not my thing but through work have met the guy running this on a couple of occasions and clearly state I didn't despise him he came across as pleasant and had no issues with him. if you don't like the event don't go, but your post is a little bitter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh Gimmick go on, spill the beans what did he do to you :) Only joking.. Is he then, I am not sure am I actually friends with the man, I was completely surprised with the email response as I was like you still telling me nothing.. Just a lot of ****e really... Shame as tis good craic but I could not justify spending that much money on it.. Wheres is moving to the marquee site is it..

Advertisement