Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/businesses that will take punts for euro

Options
  • 11-09-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Are there any shops/businesses in Kilkenny that will take punts in exchange for Euro?

I know a few towns around the country have had initiatives like this in the past few years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Some banks will do it, but it's not really worth it for most shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

jprboy wrote: »
    Are there any shops/businesses in Kilkenny that will take punts in exchange for Euro?.
    Find a few under a mattress? Not sure that the banks will take them anymore but the central bank certainly do: £1 = €1.27

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Ha ha!Really great!Good news!Auto Parts, Car DVD and car GPS! 30% discount!Do not miss it! snip
    Wow, oh wow. That's just amazing!!!! To think that I can get a discount on really dodgy gear, take my money now!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

catbear wrote: »
    Wow, oh wow. That's just amazing!!!! To think that I can get a discount on really dodgy gear, take my money now!!!!!!!!!
    Heya, instead of quoting spam in future, can you either report the post or copy the spammer's username and paste into this thread for swift removal?

Quoting spam just creates a copy of the spam for others to see (and be tracked by the spammer), so even if I remove a spammer's posts, I won't know about the quote that you did, so that will remain unless it is also reported or seen by a Mod.

ta

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you want to get euro's for punts and want to get the correct exchange rate then I suggest you pay a visit to the central bank in Dublin,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

There is the equivilent of €360,000,000 still in circulation in punts.

Mad innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sky King wrote: »
    There is the equivilent of €360,000,000 still in circulation in punts.

Mad innit?
    That's petty mad, but I'd wonder how much of that is hidden in a box from various bank robberies that they can't now launder as the currency is not in use any more? :pac:

Advertisement