Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going into Second Year... applying for a grant

Options
  • 12-09-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what the story with this is? I applied for a grant the same way I did last year, through grants online. ie, but I'm not sure did I even need to do this now? As well as this, this year the awarding authority is coming up as SUSI, CD Vec, whereas last year I got it off Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council. Is this right, or should I still be getting it off Dun Laoghaire County Council? Should I go down and ask them what the story is? I need to get a good few books soon.

Also when we were filling in application a mistake was made in terms of income, in that my mum entered her income twice, once for her and then for me, doubling the amount and bringing us over the threshold for eligibility. Has anyone made this mistake before. On the phone they weren't really helpful, saying we could either appeal the decision to reject application ( because of error) or apply again, via a different e-mail. I don't see why a pretty rectifiable mistake should cause so much hassle, but they are making it out to be a problem. Don't know what to do, please help!

Advertisement