Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering a new gaming build

Options
  • 12-09-2012 2:14am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a new pc at the moment as my laptop has broken beyond repair. I haven't had a home pc in about 6 years and have been using laptops in the interim. Portability is a bit of an issue as I travel a a fair amount and occasionally use a laptop when studying in college.

If however I can be guaranteed a significantly improved gaming experience (over a comparably priced new laptop) for my budget then I'll probably opt for a desktop build.

Opinions are very welcome. Here's what I'll need:

1. What is your budget? [€750]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming - Mainly the likes of Football Manager, Civ 5 and some simulation games]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [Probably 20' or 22']

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Yes, don't really have anything at the moment]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Not right now]

8. How can you pay? [Any]

9. When are you purchasing? [Within the next 2 weeks]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Should be okay on this front]

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement