Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhole cover causing problems - what to do?

Options
  • 12-09-2012 2:43am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭

Just moved house due to level of noise and my new place is probably worse. It's a bit of a nightmare.

One issue is that a manhole cover outside is amazingly noisy and creates a very loud bang whenever a car drives over it(even louder if it's a van or truck). The ground around it looks all cracked and broken, it looks like something might have happened to it.

Who do I report this to, and will they actually do anything? I know "the council" but who in the council?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

"trip over it" that'll get it fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I know of a guy in a similar situation, he put a traffic cone on the manhole, problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Can't imagine that solved it for very long to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Just moved house due to level of noise and my new place is probably worse. It's a bit of a nightmare.

One issue is that a manhole cover outside is amazingly noisy and creates a very loud bang whenever a car drives over it(even louder if it's a van or truck). The ground around it looks all cracked and broken, it looks like something might have happened to it.

Who do I report this to, and will they actually do anything? I know "the council" but who in the council?

Call the Roads Maintenance Division - (021) 492 4660 - might be worth a little white lie saying that you think the manhole may be open - it might help expedite matters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭mollymosfet

Well, the ground around it is pretty ****ed so I'm pretty sure it's going to develop into a hazard eventually, may be no need for a white lie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement