Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA-Self Study

Options
  • 12-09-2012 2:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hi I was thinking of doing the CCNA course and heard you can study and do it yourself. I have a IT degree and did a lot of networking but companies tend to prefer people with this qualification. Been told this by recruitment companies and companies themselves. How exactly do you do the test if you want to self study it? I have the CCNA book. Its like 2000 euro to do it through a college. Is it an online test or would I need to do it through a college or Fas or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

I'll get in before any one else. Self-study with lots of labs until you are comfortable with it, and I'm the type of person that prefers to work with the physical equipment. Not strictly necessary for the CCNA, but you're in the field so I think it would be money well spent. Companies tend to prefer people with this qualification and experience to back it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

areyawell wrote: »
    Hi I was thinking of doing the CCNA course and heard you can study and do it yourself. I have a IT degree and did a lot of networking but companies tend to prefer people with this qualification. Been told this by recruitment companies and companies themselves. How exactly do you do the test if you want to self study it? I have the CCNA book. Its like 2000 euro to do it through a college. Is it an online test or would I need to do it through a college or Fas or something.

Everything you need to know is here (Cisco) and here (PearsonVUE - for the exams!).;)

You can sit the exam without doing a course but make sure you know your stuff as outlined in the exam topics list on the Cisco website as the exams are neither easy nor cheap !

Advertisement