Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA working for a buyer?

Options
  • 12-09-2012 3:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 180 ✭✭

Is it possible that EA would work for a buyer insted of a seller?

Suppose a friend of mine would employ an agent for finding him a place meeting his requirements..... Is it very unwise? :)

EDIT:
    Not that did not ask, or been refused, but it did not look like genuine practise :)
    Due to lack of more info, I guess it is not an option in this country

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Raladic

I don't know about Estate Agents in particular, but there are moving consultants like irishrelo that do look for apartments on your behalf and arange meetings for viewings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

It is possible for a purchaser to retain an EA. It is quite common with higher end commercial transactions and very infrequent in residential situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

an estate agent came to me on behalf of a developer to buy my house

tried to make out he was workimg for me and would i be interested in selling my house
    only for the bank manager gave me the heads up i'd prob have paid him the sales commission

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

this is the system in USA and Canada, and it works very well. You approach an agent with your needs, and they approach other agents to see what they have that meet those needs. the agents split the commission if there is a sale.

It prevents the timewasting that goes on with the buyer being forced to deal with multiple selling agents when viewing.

I did this in Ireland for a commercial property, but it doesn't seem to be common for residential sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Just to note at outset that I do have a business that offers this service.

There are many companies in ireland offering this service listed below are the ones I know but I am sure there are others in different localities:

www.myhomeagent.ie
    www.buyersbroker.ie
    www.buyersbroker.ie
    www.propertyseekers.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement