Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queeeeennnnn

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

chughes wrote: »

Brilliant!! Hope its from The Game recording sessions. Be great to hear Freddies voice on something new.

Brilliant!! Hope its from The Game recording sessions. Be great to hear Freddies voice on something new.

There must be a large amount of recorded songs that never made it onto the albums. I remember reading somewhere that they used to fight over which songs would get on an album as it would affect their royalty shares. I think all the albums from The Miracle onwards had the song royalties split evenly. It would be great to hear some of the songs that didn't make it on to Night At The Opera or day At The Races etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Currently listening to NOTW here and got a flashback to Christmas '90 and a 7 year old me opening my "small" present which was their greatest hits cassette. I couldn't tell you what my big present was that year, or the next, or the next.

Says it all, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Introbaby

I got into Queen quite late but they were by far one of the best bands around and not just a rock band. Unfortunately never got to see them live. Documentary is great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I have the record 'THE GAME' from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,955 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Hehe, just thought I'd throw this in here

Family_Guy_Hot_Space.jpg

I watched a programme on UTV last night in which an opera singer called Alfie Boe talked about Freddie Mercury and how Boe was influenced by him.

Boe talked to people like Brian May, Montserrat Caballe, Rick Wakeman, Peter Freestone, Freddie's mother and sister, etc. to get their insights into Freddie. He also met a couple of guys who were school friends of Freddie when he first arrived in England. They actually had home movie footage of them when they were all about 17 with Freddie in the footage. If its repeated on one of the other ITV stations, it's well worth a look.

Mary Austin got a mention in the programme and I was thinking to myself that in all the books I've read and TV programmes I've seen about Freddie and Queen, I don't think I've heard what she had to say about her involvement. I googled her and found this article from last year :
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2301718/Freddie-Mercury-Queen-stars-lover-Mary-Austin-cursed-fortune.html
    It seems she's not part of the Queen circle any more. I must say that I remember being surprised when I heard that Freddie had left Garden Lodge to her as his parents and sister could have inherited it. However, that was his wish and she owns it but it looks like it has cost her so much in her personal life.

Found the ITV programme about Alfie Boe on Youtube.

Here's a link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSuLhVFSQZM

It's well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Snatchy

One of the greatest bands of all time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Snatchy

One of the greatest bands of all time!

I watched the documentary on the final years of Freddie Mercury's life of Channel 5 last night. There were some interviews with people who I hadn't heard being interviewed before but none from the band members or family.

There were a lot of recreation scenes where actors played the parts of Freddie, Brian May, Roger Taylor, John Deacon, Mary Austin, Jim Hutton etc. and the level of acting wasn't great. The guys playing Roger and Brian were wearing wigs that looked like something from a fancy dress party.

The programme was 2 hours long and worth a watch if you can ignore the ham acting and bad costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mirandatour

I love Queen:heart:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

Dude111 wrote: »
    This thread has got me wanting to hear my queen record!!

Ill put in on now!
    Same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Love Queen and Freddie.I actually own the cat vest he wore in These Are The Days Of Our Lives video from an auction years ago.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Freddie's prepares to leave the Queen stage the final time, Knebworth 1986:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Nardeant

I love Freddie and his songs they have so much charisma and charm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I wouldn't get my hopes up over any new "queen" material. Last time I bought something new from queen I was very disappointed...think it was queen rocks album, not to mention they've released maybe 12 or 13 albums since Freddie's death...and the fact they toured with different singers since, the latest one being extremely annoying to say the least.

Queen were great, now, not so much.

Advertisement