Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music at Croke park.

• 12-09-2012 8:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

I was at the all Ireland in Croke park on Sunday and it was a great day and well done to all involved. The display before the senior match was magnificent.
    My only complaint is why were they playing Rhianna at the interval between the minor and senior game and again when the match was over.
    I would have thought something irish would be more appropriate considering it is irish teams playing was surprised not to Hear fields of athenry being played.

Would it be nicer to play music traditional to Ireland or music from irish groups during the all Ireland ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I heard it when I was watching on TV

"'Cause I may be bad, but I'm perfectly
    good at it
    Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the
    smell of it
    Sticks and stones may break my bones
    But chains and whips excite me"

Why on earth would you play that at a sporting event not involving cheerleaders :confused:

Possibly an attempt by the gaa to be hip or down with "da kids"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Fields of Athenry? Yeah whatever you say West Brit. You want real Irish music, you need lilting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Let's play the corrs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I would have thought considering the result, that "Money, Money, Money" by Abba would have been appropriate.

(I am aware the ticket prieces for the replay are cheaper. Still a nice cash injection though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Rhianna was there :eek: That's impressive from the GAA, but yeah, a more traditional Irish show would fit better to the culture they represent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I agree and none of that American hot dog food either, just Irish Stew and maybe a fish and potatoes option

Instead of cheer leaders there should be leprauchans too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

the whole thing is a bit of a cringe fest anyway so they may aswell throw on the trad music and rebel songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I remember a couple of times visiting Croke Park ( I think it was the International Rules ) and Brush Shiels was ' singing ' trying to entertain the crowd

Now that was cringeworthy .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Should the mods not move this to the GAA forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Cant go wrong with a bit of Saw Doctors for the culchies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Bebah bebah heres the correct forum brigade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Caveman1 wrote: »

Forgot about the saw doctors now that would have been good. The Culchies left plenty of money in the big smoke over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Why play any music at all. Most of us want to talk about the match and cheer on the young lads having a kick about at half time. Then theres loads of pointless announcements directly you to programme notes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If you think the mods should move it, report the op. They aren't going to see every post with "mods" in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

Do you remember the song for the special Olympics,that was played at all sporting events in Crocker up until a year two years ago.

This is not about GAA it's a general question about the music played during football and hurling matches at Croke park. I was just curious as to what others thought about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Real Life wrote: »
    the whole thing is a bit of a cringe fest anyway so they may aswell throw on the trad music and rebel songs

How so? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

This is not about GAA it's a general question about the music played during football and hurling matches at Croke park. I was just curious as to what others thought about it.
    All you'll get here are the predictable references to "boggers" and "culchies". If you really want to know what others think why don't you ask the people with a real interest in GAA, you know, the people on the GAA forum? Any thread about music played at the Aviva during a soccer match would be locked or moved to the soccer forum!

All you'll get here are the predictable references to "boggers" and "culchies". If you really want to know what others think why don't you ask the people with a real interest in GAA, you know, the people on the GAA forum? Any thread about music played at the Aviva during a soccer match would be locked or moved to the soccer forum!

Thanks did not realise it was such a big deal tbh. I'm sure someone will move it or lock it. I wanted to get other opinions not just from GAA fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Caveman1 wrote: »

Or Aslan for the jackeens. :rolleyes:

Or Aslan for the jackeens. :rolleyes:

Aslan would be good, I like Rhianna just not during the all Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement