Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newly Pierced Ears

• 12-09-2012 9:03am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got my ears re-pierced in Claires yesterday.. the reason being that when I got them done all those years ago the holes were too far away from my face and I didn't like them.

Anyway, so today is day 2 and I've been using the cleaning solution they gave me but I notice my ears are a little tender and red this morning.. I'm wondering if this is normal or if I should be concerned.

I can't remember if this happened the last time as I was only 10 at the time.

Anyone have any advice on what I should use to clean them other than the solution as I don't think it's up to much.. There isn't even an antiseptic smell off the stuff she gave me tbh.

Cheers.

PS I have a wedding next week and can't have big swollen Shrek ears for it :eek: :o

Also, I paid €45 for the most hypo-allergenic earrings they had.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

You could try posting in the tattoos&piercings forum; I've found they give great advice on all aspects of piercings over there: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=358

A salt and water solution is the best for cleaning new piercings, I think. If you google it, you'll find how to make your own solution. Otherwise, you can buy a pre-prepared solution from a piercing studio, such as the one in Stephen's Green shopping centre.

The redness may also be due to an allergy to the earings. Silver or gold ones are best as the metal is 'pure'.

Did they give you guidelines on how to clean the piercings, how often and to twist the earings every so often? Also, did they use a gun or a needle?

If you're worried, go back to the piercer and seek their advice, or go to another one, or if you're worried about infection, see a doctor.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Thanks for that..

Yeah they gave me a little pamphlet on cleaning and twisting.. I must have cleaned them about 4 or 5 times yesterday and then again this morning.. and I've been turning them regularly..

I cleaned them just now with boiled water and salt and it stung a bit.. hopefully that will do the trick..

She assured me that the earrings she gave me were 9 carat gold..

I'll post over in the piercing forum.. thanks for that.

Can a Mod please close this?

Thanks.

Advertisement