Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Show on the 30th

Options
  • 12-09-2012 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Just to let everyone know there is a dog show on the 30th September (Sunday) in aid of Deise Animal Sanctuary and South Tipp Dog Rescue. There should be plenty of stalls and all dogs are welcome! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

Bloody heck i did not even know this place existed,who runs it etc. what do they do and all?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭abbyw1989

I went up and volunteered the other day - I didn't know until about a month ago they existed either! Their website is here. They basically take all the animals no one else wants and tries to find a home for them! They're all lovely and friendly up there - I shall be first in line on the 30th, should be fun! ;)

Wish i had a car to go up and look,seems like a good rescue.

Trying to get back into animal rescue with so long but none locally that i could find. Plus added issue of no transport,hoping to work up to a full time job in rescue so experience would be essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Ikes & Mikes Bar...Sounds like the perfect place for a fun Dog Show!

What's the category AV !?

You might think about sticking this up in Animal & Pers forum too as a fun day out for petlovers...just Dont mention fundraising !!!! Sounds like a blast! Pets & beergardens...all for a good cause!
    Can you " enter" on the day!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

Deadman don't know what part of county you are but theres a rescue kennels in Clonea, see website Dungarvan Rescue Kennels also Waterford Animal Welfare are based in Tramore I think. Yes Abby I've been to the Deise sanctuary a few times and volunteered to help as well. Its great there and they do fantastic work. They absolutely live for the animals. Lovely to see all the animals running around free together.

Brianne Dungarvan rescue kennels is a no go i am afraid and as for the others,i did hear of them but again no car so stuck again. I would love to get into fostering if i could as a way of helping. Brianne i live in Ring Gaeltacht,8 miles Cork side of Dungarvan.

deadman1972, they always need foster homes (I would myself but I have a very neurotic/jealous springer/lab little old lady!) and I'm sure they appreciate any kind of help at all :)
    brianne I couldn't agree more, it's how animal rescues should be! ;-) It's nice to know they get so many helpers up there too.
    JustAThought yep you can 'enter' on the day, the more the merrier I guess :) hope the weather is good enough for the pub garden ;-) Thanks for the tip, will pop it up in animals and pets too - as for the AV thing, I honestly don't have a clue haha

I wonder if they would know of somebody that could train my two teufel hunden? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

You can leave Cat or Dog food in the library in Dungarvan and they will make sure it goes to the animal sanctuary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

This is today!:D

This IS today and I cannot wait!! Cake stall is worth it alone apparently haha My pampered pooch is all ready to go, fingers crossed for some rosettes!! See ye all there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

my pampered pooch is asleep - but no longer smells of wet dog :D

photo3kj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

When you go into Clonmel from Dungarvan what road do you follow.

Advertisement