Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brake pads fitted.

Options
  • 12-09-2012 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend somewhere I can get the brake pads changed on the car that's cheap and won't try and sell you new tyres and disks to go with them ? Do they take long to change and would it have to be booked it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Nicky in the Daewoo garage wont charge you for anything he shouldnt only for what he does and at good prices

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

What needs changing front or back brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

front

Its a really simple job, you can do it yourself if you research on the internet.

Did mine last week, took about 20 mins altogether.

Don't trust some mechanic that will probably take you to the cleaners, them days are gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

For things like that id usually go to Parts Depot by the NCT centre.
    Gotten a few bits & pieces done without and issue (or costing a bomb)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Thanks for the suggestions all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Derek Carey Motors in the glen , always found him great. Reasonably priced and the lads working there are friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

Word to the wise, avoid a certain cheap place across from Lidl opposite Superquinn roundabout like the plague, they sheered screw threads on my brakes and I only found this out after getting a service off a good mechanic. He warned me to listen out for a bang and should I hear it then cos if this sheered threads I will need to fork out 200 plus to replace the parts they ruined.

Advertisement