Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mint Recipes..

Options
  • 12-09-2012 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

We planted mint in our garden, and it has exploded!
    Has anyone any recipes that I can use it for? Ice cream, maybe? Or some dinners that I can include it in.

Or is threre a way I can store it after harvesting?

thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

My recipe in the 2012 cooking club (Green Chilli with Navajo Flatbreads) uses fresh mint :)

You could also make mojitos some evening. Or see if you can find a good recipe for mint sauce (as in, for lamb) online, that'd be a great way to use it up.

You can freeze individual leaves in water in ice cube trays, then lob them into bags once frozen.

Aldi have fresh lamb legs on special this Thursday, I'm going to get one and hope to God it's dry enough on Saturday or Sunday to light the barbie one more time (don't care how cold it is, we'll eat indoors). I'll butterfly the leg and rub it in a paste made of olive oil, garlic, coarse salt, black pepper, lemon zest fresh mint and rosemary, then whack it on the barbie and servie with grilled potatoes and a monster salad. Heaven!

I've also made this recipe a good few times, and the sauce is really, really good.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/lamb-recipes/incredible-roasted-shoulder-of-lamb-with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Mojito cocktails!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Tin of chickpeas, drained
    Halved cherry tomatoes
    Diced red onion
    Diced feta cheese

Mix together and dress with lemon juice, salt, pepper and loads of chopped mint. It's gorgeous and very healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Pimms! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mint pesto looks good :)

Advertisement