Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Roche's comments on front of Munster

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

7upfree wrote: »

But does it? There's plenty of disgruntlement going around about Waterford being allowed to call itself a city but as far as I can see, the only persons raising this as an actual and verifiable issue are those protesting against it.

Would you be so kind as to point me to the specific paragraph of the published document that states Waterford will no longer be a city:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1016/puttingpeoplefirst.pdf

If it's there then I'm happy to buy into it, otherwise not. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

I'm tired of people in Waterford not being listened to. For the last week all I've heard is politicians of all colours getting onto WLR and beating their breasts about how terrible this is. ENOUGH! The lot of you get on a bus, get off in Dublin as ONE group, speak in the Dail as ONE group, and thump the cabinet table as one fist. If you can't see your way to doing that, you're a just another bunch of talkers. Just wait until the next election!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

Not to someone as obsessive as yourself. Is a 1100 year old legacy going to put food on people's tables?

I've been reading these forums for a long time, and Miss, you just seem to be an antagonist who gets offended by anyone who has the audacity to have an opinion that's different to your own. You also seem to be quite verbally militant which, if harnessed in the right way could actually be useful to some cause somewhere or some time. Unfortunately you seem to be a little too much in love with yourself so I doubt you'd ever find the time to do something that involves tearing yourself away from your beloved keyboard.

Also, those roll eyes smilies that you love so much? They just tell me you're a little bit too smug for you're own good.

Having read some of your other posts you're in no position to lecture anyone. You castigate someone for not spelling things correctly - then do so yourself in another post!

I'd paint smug as the ones on here trying to defend this horse shyte!;):rolleyes::):D

old gregg wrote: »
    But does it? There's plenty of disgruntlement going around about Waterford being allowed to call itself a city but as far as I can see, the only persons raising this as an actual and verifiable issue are those protesting against it.

Would you be so kind as to point me to the specific paragraph of the published document that states Waterford will no longer be a city:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1016/puttingpeoplefirst.pdf

If it's there then I'm happy to buy into it, otherwise not. Thanks.

That document is pure drivel. N two ways about it. More whats, if, buts, and maybes.

They talk about savings - and want to alternate the meetings between Waterford and Dungarvan! And there's supposed to be a single entity with a single HQ! Sweet Jesus. Honestly. And people are trying to defend this? FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

That document is pure drivel. N two ways about it. More whats, if, buts, and maybes.

They talk about savings - and want to alternate the meetings between Waterford and Dungarvan! And there's supposed to be a single entity with a single HQ! Sweet Jesus. Honestly. And people are trying to defend this? FFS.

In my case I'm not trying to defend that document. I'm just trying to get to the source of the belief that we are no longer a city. Thus far it just seems to be fabricated and the sort of uneducated scaremongering that helps no one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Having read some of your other posts you're in no position to lecture anyone. You castigate someone for not spelling things correctly - then do so yourself in another post!

I'd paint smug as the ones on here trying to defend this horse shyte!;):rolleyes::):D

lol you're a constant stream of entertaining nonsense. I love it. Keep it up madam.

lol you're a constant stream of entertaining nonsense. I love it. Keep it up madam.

As are you my friend. Back at ya!:D

Advertisement