Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting Times

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

MugMugs wrote: »
    I made it from Julianstown to Rush once undertaking the entire way. It wasn't intentional. Every zombie was sitting in Lane 2 at about 70 mph. Nuts carry on!

Louth? I agree with you but that's not Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

Pauvre Con wrote: »
    Actually whilst we're slagging Irish driving habits what's the story with half the country putting their front foglights on - regardless of a lack of fog? Just the front ones mind. :confused:

So true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

6km commute each way. 12 minutes on a bad day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Fraggle00 wrote: »
    Louth? I agree with you but that's not Louth.

Uhhhhhhhh, So you're one of them.

The majority of people I would be referring to would be those coming from the Drogheda direction. The commuter town that it has become. The likes of Grange Rath, Deepforde, Five Oaks..... working your way up the Dublin road. That's Louth. Unless you can think of another way for these people to get onto the Motorway.

Forgive me of course if the occasional Meath person slips into my tongue in cheek comment.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Dingatron wrote: »
    Assume you missed my sarcasm pacman. :D...

Yes. I missed your sarcasm. And don't call me 'Pacman'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Drogheda (Dublin Road side) - Tallaght - Drogheda. 62km each way so 124km round trip (77 miles).

Leave at around 06.40 in the morning and it takes about an hour via M1/M50. Because of the M1 Roadworks I'm going M50/M2/N2, Kilmoon Cross, through Duleek and turn at the cement factory on the way back.. Usually about an hour, give or take 10 mins on the way home, leaving Tallaght at 17.30.

Roughly 12 hours from leaving in the morning to getting home in the evening. Doesn't leave much time to do anything when you get home, but it's a better commute than when I was working in Sandyford!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Fraggle00 wrote: »
    So true

The only time I put foglights on when it ain't foggy, is when some gobsh1te drives right up behind me with his headlights on and leaves them on....

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

R.O.R wrote: »
    Drogheda (Dublin Road side) - Tallaght - Drogheda. 62km each way so 124km round trip (77 miles).

Leave at around 06.40 in the morning and it takes about an hour via M1/M50. Because of the M1 Roadworks I'm going M50/M2/N2, Kilmoon Cross, through Duleek and turn at the cement factory on the way back.. Usually about an hour, give or take 10 mins on the way home, leaving Tallaght at 17.30.

Roughly 12 hours from leaving in the morning to getting home in the evening. Doesn't leave much time to do anything when you get home, but it's a better commute than when I was working in Sandyford!

sounds similar-ish to myself... €4 on tolls a day?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

it's a better commute than when I was working in Sandyford!

I had to attend a course for 5 days in Sandyford a few years back when they were working on the M50 third lane. Getting there and back was a complete nightmare. I tried train, bus and car and it still took me around 3 hours one way. Leaving at 06:40 I was still late most days.

Advertisement