Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cup a soups

• 12-09-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

just bought a knorr chicken noodle cup a soup. very disappointed i must say. last time i bought a packet of this was about ten years ago in new zealand. that was reasonably chickeny, with plenty of noodles and veg. fairly decent for something so cheap. this knorr one though is rubbish. there are about 20 tiny bits of diced carrots and parsnips (and i mean tiny!), and then there are these little hoopy things floating about, which i presume are the noodles. and there is hardly any flavour.

have to say i'm a bit disappointed. is this the best we can do?

anyone know of a better brand of these in ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Bovril is your only man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Cup-a-Soups you say? Oh well when I was in Cambodia...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oxtail is good but it takes one-and-a-half of them to make a proper cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

beans in a bowl.

beans soup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Cup a soups? A sachet full of dust, which when hot water is added, tastes like hot watery dust. The flavour on the side of the packet is irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Bovril is your only man

i don't think ive ever had it. only reason im drinking these things is cos ive a cold

think i might pop my bovril cherry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Ah just go for real soup, I'd rather tea than them cup a soups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Theyre full of MSG too. So are the Knorr stock cubes, it's the cheaper ones like the tesco own brand that have better ingredients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

A packet of chemicals.Eat an apple.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Cup a soups? A sachet full of dust, which when hot water is added, tastes like hot watery dust. The flavour on the side of the packet is irrelevant.

dunno about that. while its no subsitute for freshly made soup the ones i had years ago were alright! better than this knorr sheeite anyway.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »

had an apple

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

kneemos wrote: »

+1

Fact. Unless you buy the raw materials ie chicken and vegetables, you will be buying chemicals in packaging. What a joke to think we spend so much money on food that shouldn't really be classed as food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Anyone that buys that sh*te expecting it to even resemble food deserves to be disappointed.

Ah just go for real soup, I'd rather tea than them cup a soups.

was in the supermarket earlier. was gonna buy their own freshly made soup but it wasnt ready. so ended up getting the packets instead. gotta cold and bit sick of drinking tea

Anyone that buys that sh*te expecting it to even resemble food deserves to be disappointed.

think it works out as 40c a sachet. so i really wasnt expecting much. but for it to disappoint me at that price then thats saying something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

.... and then there's those mysterious "croutons" that bob around in your cup making you think that lumps of polystyrene have dropped from the ceiling while you weren't looking.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Steveirl2010

You want real soup?

Then try the Organic Moroccan style soup you can buy in Superquinn, out of this world and so filling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It's like The Sopranos are making cup of soups now. There's no quality in them. I mean I remember the cup of soups tasted decent enough, but now they have no real taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

You want real soup?

Then try the Organic Moroccan style soup you can buy in Superquinn, out of this world and so filling.

Very Celtic Tiger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

just bought a knorr chicken noodle cup a soup. very disappointed i must say. last time i bought a packet of this was about ten years ago in new zealand. that was reasonably chickeny, with plenty of noodles and veg. fairly decent for something so cheap. this knorr one though is rubbish. there are about 20 tiny bits of diced carrots and parsnips (and i mean tiny!), and then there are these little hoopy things floating about, which i presume are the noodles. and there is hardly any flavour.

have to say i'm a bit disappointed. is this the best we can do?

anyone know of a better brand of these in ireland?

The Germans can no longer afford to put extra vedge in their exports ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

cup o soup????

cup o SALT more like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

i don't think ive ever had it. only reason im drinking these things is cos ive a cold

think i might pop my bovril cherry

You owe it to yourself. Lash it into a mug with loads of batch or turnover. Savage

You owe it to yourself. Lash it into a mug with loads of batch or turnover. Savage

what is this strange bovril talk. i no understand!! what are my instructions??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

More nutritional benefit in eating the packet it came in tbh. Absolutely shocking stuff.

More nutritional benefit in eating the packet it came in tbh. Absolutely shocking stuff.

my sinus' are fecked so was told to drink plenty of hot liquids. not something ive had in ten years but have to say that this was way worse than i thought it was going to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Packets of flavoured salts and chemicals of which you add water.

I don't imagine they are for the healthy eaters even the low fat and salt versions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

For once AHs is in complete agreement, cup of soups are muck and probably toxic muck.

My sis make big pots of natural soup, fecken gorgeous, I must learn how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Am I the only one that loves a good cup a soup??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Got a cold ? Hot Whiskey is your friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

They were, most likely, never tasty. As you have grown older your tastebuds have become more sophisticated and less likely to tolerate crap.

When I become dictator one of my first acts will be to ban pot noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

+1. But failing that I do like soupfulls! my fav is the beef one- although it smells like dog food when it's cold on the pack- but you won't smell that if your sick

save that for the pub. lemon and cloves. no sugar!!!

hot rum (old sea dog works well) does the job too.

Advertisement