Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet issues in Merville

Options
  • 12-09-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi, is anyone having WiFi issues in Merville?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭catch.23

Very hard to connect to and disconnects regularly, when you're on its fast though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Manbro

Can you torrent movies and such in the residences?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Manbro wrote: »
    Can you torrent movies and such in the residences?

Not if your using WaveLan

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Is steam blocked or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Stream is blocked on WaveLAN. It works on eduroam though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

The internet in Merville is shocking when there is any bit of traffic using it. I've been on it since about 4 o clock and I havn't been able to go more than 5 minutes without losing connection. Surely UCD can provide more than one router per floor, given how much money we are paying to live here.

gwakamoley wrote: »
    The internet in Merville is shocking when there is any bit of traffic using it. I've been on it since about 4 o clock and I havn't been able to go more than 5 minutes without losing connection. Surely UCD can provide more than one router per floor, given how much money we are paying to live here.

Just another example of a problem UCD could, but won't, fix

It's gotten to a stage now where I have to reconnect each time I load a page. Has anyone had any luck on the eduroam network? I followed the steps here but I can't log in.

It's gotten to a stage now where I have to reconnect each time I load a page. Has anyone had any luck on the eduroam network? I followed the steps here but I can't log in.

Don't know why it won't work, was fine for me when I first installed it. Eduroam generally works better than Wavelan, but it can sometimes be harder to pick up a strong signal. But is a much more reliable signal for sure once you're connected

tgdaly wrote: »
    Don't know why it won't work, was fine for me when I first installed it. Eduroam generally works better than Wavelan, but it can sometimes be harder to pick up a strong signal. But is a much more reliable signal for sure once you're connected

What username do we use? It says our UCD connect username, does that mean our name written as it is in our UCD connect email addresses or is it the actual email address?

• Advertisement

What username do we use? It says our UCD connect username, does that mean our name written as it is in our UCD connect email addresses or is it the actual email address?

Can't really remember. Did you try user name as your student number? Like when you log into connect you use your number rather than your actually name as your user name

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

Pfft, In My Day if you wanted to use internet in Merville you had to go down to the laundromat!

tgdaly wrote: »
    Can't really remember. Did you try user name as your student number? Like when you log into connect you use your number rather than your actually name as your user name

I'm not having much luck with it but I'll try it again tomorrow when it mightn't be as busy. I'll see what the IT services say back to me tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

You use your student number to log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OTNiner

Hi

Username is your student Number, password is your connect password

See here: http://www.ucd.ie/itservices/itsupport/eduroam/

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

has anyone else been unable to connect to playstation network on ps3 using wavelan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No one ever has, or ever will, as it's completely impossible.

Advertisement