Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phantom phone ringing syndrome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I've had phantom phone vibrating against my man tit. There was no text or mised call. I also thought I was imagining it

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

All the time.

It's gotten worse after I got my smartphone with vibration alerts for turn based games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

it happens me all the time when im on the beer with the lads. The missus swears she has rang but i never see anything on the screen :D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Oddly enough, since the new sound chips in smart phones these days I rarely hear my phone ring even in my pocket.

The older phones that just used high toned frequencies were great for ring tones. Could hear'em all over the house. From here though, it's a bit mad as in some songs, the harmonics could make you think there was a phone ringing. Used to get that all the time while listing to Rock the Kasbah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

FANTAPANTS wrote: »
    it happens me all the time when im on the beer with the lads. The missus swears she has rang but i never see anything on the screen :D:D:D

I cannot believe i have met someone with the exact same diagnosis as myself, truely monumental day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Happens to me all the time.

It will vibrate, Ill check it, nothing there.

Phone goes back in pocket....I get a text as soon as its in there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I call bull****.

a) It's the Dailymail
    b) Phones aren't analogue. There's a protocol (encrypted), so the chances of random EM interference being being picked up as legitimate communication is slim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

humbert wrote: »
    I call bull****.

a) It's the Dailymail
    b) Phones aren't analogue. There's a protocol (encrypted), so the chances of random EM interference being being picked up as legitimate communication is slim.

so its a ghost then ringing my phone! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

davet82 wrote: »
    so its a ghost then ringing my phone! ;)
    Well, when I notice it I can usually trace it back to something rubbing on my trousers. Against the grain/seam to create a buzz/vibration.

Don't rule out mental illness either.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Pacly

Used to happen to me all the time... Until I realised it vibrated when i got an email :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeah, happened a few times.
    I reckon it's the testicles being pre-boiled just before the text or call arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

It happens me an awful lot too. Also I remember a couple of years ago every so often I'd go to make a phone call and somehow I would intercept someone else's call, never heard anything interesting but pretty strange still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Don't rule out mental illness either.

:pac:

i had suspected this myself, damn :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

I call it phone-itus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Down the Jox with yer phone and at least enjoy the Phantom

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Well, when I notice it I can usually trace it back to something rubbing on my trousers. Against the grain/seam to create a buzz/vibration.

So you use 'phone vibrations' as an excuse for rubbing yourself in public? Classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,271 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I get phantom phone vibrations all the time. Funny thing is, I'll put my hand in my pocket to get my phone and it's in a completely different pocket.

Must be having a stroke :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    I call it phone-itus

Dreams are where Elmo and Toy Story had a party, and I went there. Yay, my turn is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

The vibration you feel its just the cells in your leg turning cancerous from the radio waves and also from the Government's GPS tracker.

Wrap your entire body in a layer of cling film, then a layer of tin foil, then a layer of grease proof paper and finally, another layer of cling film. This won't help the vibrations but it's nice and cosy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Had you been eating any mushrooms of questionable origin the day of these happenings?

• Advertisement
Advertisement