Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballybricken Incident

Options
  • 12-09-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

just past up through ballybricken, across from the bandstand theres been some sorta incident. Both ends of the road are cordoned off, theres 4 fire brigade, 4 ambulances, and a load cops. i was at opposite side so don't know whats up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Bad crash according to today fm just now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just on Newstalk, 'Ballybricken road' is closed, mutli-vehicle collision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Just on Newstalk, 'Ballybricken road' is closed, mutli-vehicle collision.

LOL, typical media ignorance of anywhere outside the Pale. Would they say "Stoneybatter Road"? Would they F!!!

Back to topic, hopefully nobody too badly hurt...

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

fricatus wrote: »
    LOL, typical media ignorance of anywhere outside the Pale. Would they say "Stoneybatter Road"? Would they F!!!

Back to topic, hopefully nobody too badly hurt...

They probably would say Stoneybatter Road, they are radio presenters, not geographical mappers. Jeez inferiority complex is cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

Just heard a local man had a seizure while driving, pressed the accelerator by accident, hit three cars and a pedestrian. Driver is rumoured to be in hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh no, easy happen. Thankfully it wasnt around the DLS school finishing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭invalid

Driver driving the wrong way down Ballybricken which led to head on crash with oncoming car. another car rear ended the that one then. Separately soon after the crash a pedestrian was knocked down at the junction with the Chipper & Pub.

Not good, hope all recover well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

Waterford News & Star have the story along with pictures - Apparantly 5 cars were involved.

CAR drove the wrong way down a one way street in Ballybricken and struck four cars resulting in two women being cut free from one of the cars. The incident happened just before lunch time when the blue Daewoo, which also contained a female passenger, struck a car containing two women head on, as well as three parked cars.

Diversions were put in place and the Ballybricken Green Road in Waterford city was closed from the Glen to the Garda Station for over an hour while the emergency services cut the victims free and cleared the road.

http://www.waterford-news.ie/2012/09/12/five-car-collision-at-ballybricken/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Bards wrote: »
    CAR drove the wrong way down a one way street in Ballybricken and struck four cars resulting in two women being cut free from one of the cars.

hope his car was insured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Bards wrote: »
    Waterford News & Star have the story along with pictures - Apparantly 5 cars were involved.

CAR drove the wrong way down a one way street in Ballybricken and struck four cars resulting in two women being cut free from one of the cars. The incident happened just before lunch time when the blue Daewoo, which also contained a female passenger, struck a car containing two women head on, as well as three parked cars.

Diversions were put in place and the Ballybricken Green Road in Waterford city was closed from the Glen to the Garda Station for over an hour while the emergency services cut the victims free and cleared the road.

http://www.waterford-news.ie/2012/09/12/five-car-collision-at-ballybricken/

Must have been going a good speed to do that much damage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

When I heard all the sirens today I said, "I bet somebody is going to make a thread on boards about this".

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

When I heard all the sirens today I said, "I bet somebody is going to make a thread on boards about this".

Tbh if they didnt wed never know whats going on anywhere :pac:

Advertisement