Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Screen protector or not?

• 12-09-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭

Have had a screen protector on my iPhone 4 since day 1 (also have a clear plastic case). Recently was playing one with no protector & it felt better to use.

What's the preferences?

Realistically, this protector has thousands of minor surface scratches, but that's probably because it's a soft plastic, whereas the glass is harder.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

No screen protector, no case. That's how I roll. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

I NEVER use a screen protector.

No need really if it's just going to be in your pocket or on a desk...

I don't use a case either. They take from the aesthetics of the phone.

However, I can see why girls use them what with phones sometimes being chucked into handbags. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭OU812

I think I've just been called a girl :)

Seriously though, mate of mine dropped his & now has a lovely crack the length of the screen (no protector).

Is a protector likely to transfer the energy of a fall away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

OU812 wrote: »
    I think I've just been called a girl :)

Seriously though, mate of mine dropped his & now has a lovely crack the length of the screen (no protector).

Is a protector likely to transfer the energy of a fall away?

From a fall? Unlikely.

They're more designed to protect from scratches from keys, coins, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Have a screen protector and a case (great Speck one I got free from Apple at the launch).

I'm not a clumsy person but accidents do happen, I've dropped my 4 a couple of times and the case has deffo saved it. Screen protector gets replaced each year, isn't noticable at all and has kept the screen as new.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

i used to have screen protector on and a case but one day I took them off and I haven't put them back on. That's about a month ago now and there isn't a mark on the front, I would recommend maybe just using a protector on the back because mine has picked up some minor scratches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Used to have screen protectors and did a good job putting them on but just got rid of them in recent times. Still use a case on the basis that, although I'm careful, I've dropped my phone the odd time and it's done a decent job of saving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I use "bestskinsever" but it's not really necessary as I have the phone in a bookbook case.

Afore you ask:
    BookBookforiPhone_Left-Hero.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've had the current iphone 4 since launch day with no protector or case and not a scratch on it. They are a resilient device, no need for covering it up.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

they also look way better without a case!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I would love to use mine without a case and screen protector.
    Ive had mine in a case and with front and rear screen protectors since day one.

Let the phone fall once in town and it slid across the road, just aswell i had the case at that time, because it escaoed unhurt :D

This year might be different, im gona insure it along with the GF's and our DSLR camera on Gadgetinsurance.ie so should cover me for damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

biko wrote: »
    I use "bestskinsever" but it's not really necessary as I have the phone in a bookbook case.

Afore you ask:
    BookBookforiPhone_Left-Hero.jpg

Wow. That is horrific :pac:

Do you keep it in that when you are using it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Of course. Tbh, I find it really handy (particularly now that I got a camera hole punched out) and it looks cool.
    25 euro from China, well worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cSErnBsFf8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

have a bumper, plain black one, and an ivisor screen protector, which are fantastic, cant recommend them enough, 25 quid on ebay and no air bubbles, which is the biggest pain of screen protectors. easy to take off and clean and reuse as well.

Advertisement