Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to attract new business

Options
  • 12-09-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Currently awaiting my website to be finished, which should be live in the next two or three weeks and was just wondering in the mean time, how do people get new customers without a website. My target market is new business start ups. I'm offering a good services its nothing new, but its priced well. I look forward to any feedback.

Cheers Guys

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Mrs Accounts

Hey

Have you tried a leaflet drop, adverting in local paper, placing a advert on local supermarkets, placing an advert on local radio. You could have a launch party have a few bottles of wine and a few nibbles invite local people and give them a voucher for money off your service.

I am sure their is other ideas out there that people will come up with but in mean time hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ontour2

It may depend on where you are located but you could attend some of the events that are on very regularly for start ups. You could call to the many incubation centres, county enterprise boards etc. You could add you details to startupwiki.ie You could update your linkedin profile and reconnect with old colleages and acquaintanceces so they can see what you are doing.

100s more ways to get your name out there. What type of business is it?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

I think its possible to get lists of all the newly registered companies with the CRO.

Also google adwords to drive traffic to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭capefear

Hi Guys

Thanks for the tips.

It is possible to get list from the CRO. Whats people's taughts on receiving a letter from a business based on these list.

There is one company i know that sends out a letter after you register a business name or new company offering a service and most people I spoke to say they hate those type of letters and if they needed the service this company offered they will never deal with that company

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ontour2

People register new businesses for various reasons such as taxation, diversification, investment, re-organisation etc. In many cases it is not a 'start-up'. While the lists may be very useful to assist you in identifying potential customers it is likely that you would need to be more targeted in your approach.

A HR consultant, a stationary supplier or a PR company are likely to have very different approaches to customer acquisition. Without the context of the industry you are entering you should be aware that the advice you receive here may not be appropriate for the service that you offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Quite simply you need to pick up the phone & start talking to your target market - easy to introduce yourself & then when web live you can follow up on the call.
    Suggest if not done already you have a media pack drawn up

• Registered Users Posts: 17 growmyfans

capefear wrote: »
    Hi All

Currently awaiting my website to be finished, which should be live in the next two or three weeks and was just wondering in the mean time, how do people get new customers without a website. My target market is new business start ups. I'm offering a good services its nothing new, but its priced well. I look forward to any feedback.

Cheers Guys

why not exploit all of the free avenues...facebook, youtube, twitter,etc etc. exercise caution with google adwords and definitely look up online tutorials on how to maximize your adwords campaign because it is a form of paid advertisement and inexperience may lead to you loosing a ton of €€€€€

Advertisement