Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I bring my bike into the English Market? Or lock it safely in town?

Options
  • 12-09-2012 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi all, I've just got my bike-to-work bike. Was going to pop into town this evening after work to pick up some things from the English Market and maybe Tesco (unless there's somewhere I can get groceries in the English Market). I am very apprehensive about locking my bike in the city centre for even a short while, though carrying groceries by bike was something I had hoped to do.

Is it safe-ish anywhere in town to lock my bike? (I realise nowhere is 100% safe) And can I bring my bike into the English Market? I wouldn't bring it in when it's very busy.

Oh, I have two locks for my bike, a hard one for back wheel and locking to things and a front wheel cable one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Quorum wrote: »
    Hi all, I've just got my bike-to-work bike. Was going to pop into town this evening after work to pick up some things from the English Market and maybe Tesco (unless there's somewhere I can get groceries in the English Market). I am very apprehensive about locking my bike in the city centre for even a short while, though carrying groceries by bike was something I had hoped to do.

Is it safe-ish anywhere in town to lock my bike? (I realise nowhere is 100% safe) And can I bring my bike into the English Market? I wouldn't bring it in when it's very busy.

Oh, I have two locks for my bike, a hard one for back wheel and locking to things and a front wheel cable one.

There is a rack on Patrick's street outside the market - should be fine a couple of minutes and one right outside Tesco. Usually quite busy. Can't guarantee anything but I have never had a problem at either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

There are bike racks right outside what was the Capitol Cineplex. You'd want to be a very cheeky bike thief to take one from such a busy and open place. I think bringing a bike into the English Market wouldn't endear you to fellow shoppers even if it were allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

evilivor wrote: »
    There is a rack on Patrick's street outside the market - should be fine a couple of minutes and one right outside Tesco. Usually quite busy. Can't guarantee anything but I have never had a problem at either.
    I would'nt bring it into the market as a bit of a sqeese in some parts, I usually use the onstreet racks or anything I can lock it onto on the Grand Parade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

cantdecide wrote: »
    I think bringing a bike into the English Market wouldn't endear you to fellow shoppers even if it were allowed.

Yeah, I honestly can't remember if I have ever seen anyone in there with a bike. It probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Advertisement