Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time Application

Options
  • 12-09-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi I applied for a part time course DT249 and sent my application on 1st Sept but have yet to hear anything back by post or email. The first info session is tomorrow at 6.30 and classes start next Tuesday so I'm obviously worried. Does this mean I haven't been accepted? Does DIT even let you know if you haven't been accepted? Would appreciate anyones help. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eLizaczek25

mike316 wrote: »
    Hi I applied for a part time course DT249 and sent my application on 1st Sept but have yet to hear anything back by post or email. The first info session is tomorrow at 6.30 and classes start next Tuesday so I'm obviously worried. Does this mean I haven't been accepted? Does DIT even let you know if you haven't been accepted? Would appreciate anyones help. Thanks.

Maybe try to contact them
    They will tell u what's going on

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Amy2010

Do not waste any more time.
    Phone them immediately!!
    I'm part time MA student in DIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mike316

Amy2010 wrote: »
    Do not waste any more time.
    Phone them immediately!!
    I'm part time MA student in DIT.

Thanks for reply Amy, just rang them and lady said she has forwarded my query to co-ordinator and she will update me when he gets back to her. Have a bad feeling though as classes start next week... :(

Thanks for reply Amy, just rang them and lady said she has forwarded my query to co-ordinator and she will update me when he gets back to her. Have a bad feeling though as classes start next week... :(

Ring again trow to follow up and ring everyday until you get the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

or simply call into the School itself if you can - it can get better results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 mike316

Thanks for replies guys, rang them back a while ago and she said she has no answer until the co-ordinator gets back to her. Really unprofessional in my opinion as I thought they would at least let applicants know here they stand.

or simply call into the School itself if you can - it can get better results.
    +1 on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

I think everyone is trying to get through them as soon as possible - applications for a lot of programmes are still coming in and with all new entrants registering etc this week it is just a bit mad.

classes starting next week is a bit early for a part time course is a bit early but maybe that is what you were told.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Classes start on the 18th Sept

OP did you go to the Info session yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SparkieJen

OP, did you get sorted on this? Going to the Information session would have been the best bet - it was given by the Programme Chair so you probably could have followed up with him directly about your application. Pointless telling you that now I know because it's too late - unfortunately I didn't see your post until now. Classes for DT249 have started but if you haven't attended yet then you haven't missed too much - they're a bit shorter than usual this week to ease us in. Hope you get everything sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Thursday class wasn't short.

My guess is he is sorted now

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SparkieJen

Nabber wrote: »
    Thursday class wasn't short.

My guess is he is sorted now

No, Thursday's class wasn't short but my post was before then so I couldn't have known :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 darabunny

Contact the Registration Service in DIT on 01 402 4663, these guys set up your record after the details have been forwarded from the school of computing. They might have your details on file

Advertisement