Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hillsborough Cover-up revealed. MOD NOTE #1

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Absolutely fantastic by Everton tonight. The club & the fans should be so proud of that. Well done all.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xto83v_everton-tribute-to-the-96

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Seen it at the time. Lovely gesture by Everton and shows that when tragedy and injustice occurs Citoes that are usually divided will unite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Fantastic gesture from the club and also the fans who applauded for 2-3 mins.

Yesterday was fanastic display allround.

1. Fantastic gesture from the Club to the Families (and also to their biggest rivals).
    2. Steve Harper's attitude was very refreshing.
    3. Superb game with so many twists and come backs.
    4. So many tackles and both teams didnt roll around clutching thier ankles/shins.
    5. Again controversial decisions.

Well done to Everton and everyone involved.

Classy from Everton, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

It was very emotional watching it, great credit to all involved. Still there are some sick people out there, I have seen some comments by "friends" on face book over the past few days and it would make you wonder how some people can sleep at night. Truly horrific and spiteful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Merged thread with the " Many thanks to Everton tonight " and off topic posts deleted/snipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Lars1916 wrote: »
    As well as the clips posted before this one, a moving moment indeed. I have tears in my eyes now...

I remember watching on TV as a12 year old boy, not fully understanding what was happening. But my brother, a Liverpool fan, lived in London in 89. He travelled to anfield in the following days to pay his respects. It still effects him to this day, he rang me about the motd2 thing and you could hear it in his voice. I didn't see it, or the game last night.
    But I've just watched the three videos above, and a 35 year old Manchester united fan is in tears writing this.
    I've an 11 year old daughter, as well as two younger sons, and to see the ages of some of the victims... Well it just defies belief.
    Never put these four letters together on here before, but just seems right...
    YNWA...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I know its daily mail, but anyway.

Hopefully this with be special occasion before the game for the right reasons.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2205268/Liverpool-Manchester-United-unite-Hillsborough-tribute.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

My husband and I were in Liverpool from Sunday and even though we have done the stadium tour in Anfield before, we decided to go up to pay our respects at the Hillsborough Shrine. The amount of bouquets/cards/scarves and flags from members and supporters of clubs all over Europe together with cards/tributes from family members was very emotive (this was in addition to the stuff that is usually there)
    We were at the Everton match on Monday night (husband is a Toffee) and the tribute was beautiful. It was such a fitting song and when the applause started it was one of those moments you got goosebumps and the hair on the back of my neck stood up.
    As a football fan, I'm so proud I played a small part in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Top class stuff from Everton. Always admired that club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

The British Home Secretary has just announced a new police investigation into the disaster.
    "I am determined to see a swift & thorough response to the findings of the Hillsborough Panel to deliver justice for the 96"

The truth is now known.

Today Justice begins !

JFT96

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Original inquest verdicts have been quashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

May the real perpetrators face justice once and for all.

Justice for the 96, YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i put a quick note on this in the Liverpool thread, but I thought I'd put this in here just so everyone has the chance to see this (I know many won't frequent the Liverpool thread).

_67077230_67077225.jpg
    Hillsborough justice campaigner Anne Williams has died at the age of 62.

Mrs Williams, who had fought for the new inquest into her son Kevin's death in the 1989 football tragedy, had been suffering from cancer.

Kevin was one of 96 Liverpool fans who died as a result of a crush during a FA Cup match at the Sheffield stadium.

Mrs Williams made her last public appearance on Monday at the annual Hillsborough memorial service at Liverpool's Anfield stadium.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22196415

if you don't know who she is, read up on her. without her, I'm not at all sure we would have seen justice get as close as it is. at least she got to see the tide turn.

hero.

RIP.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i put a quick note on this in the Liverpool thread, but I thought I'd put this in here just so everyone has the chance to see this (I know many won't frequent the Liverpool thread).

_67077230_67077225.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22196415

if you don't know who she is, read up on her. without her, I'm not at all sure we would have seen justice get as close as it is. at least she got to see the tide turn.

hero.

RIP.

She was an extraordinarily courageous and inspiring lady. May she rest in peace.

Advertisement