Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to CIT with public transport for evening course

• 12-09-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

CIT noob here (evening course in Media Production), in need of some advice/assistance regarding commuting to college.

So, I'm going to be starting my course next week, 4 evenings a week from 7pm to 9pm. As grants/financing are impossible, I'm funding college by working fulltime up until 6pm (Hollyhill Industrial Estate).

No car, no scooter, have a bike but the thought of cycling up Cathedral Road each morning to get to work fills me with dread, which leaves me with walking and public transport (and taxis in the worst case and scenario, but don't really have the funds for it to be a regular thing).

So one option seems to be the 201, which stops outside my work. However the last bus leaves Lotabeg at 17.20, anyone hazard a guess at when it might pass up at Apple? I'm guessing that it's the same bus that leaves the CUH terminus at 18.10, so I think it's a non-runner.

The number 205 seems to stop right outside college, but it looks like it takes college road rather than Western Road, so I'd have to walk down from Hollyhill and catch it at Dennehy's Cross. Again, from the timetable it leaves Kent Station at 1815 - any ideas when this would pass at Dennehy's Cross? The next one leaves Kent Station at 1830 - again, when might this pass at Dennehy's Cross and might it get me to college in time?

Lastly, the number 208 stops at the end of Curraheen Rd, but it seems to be more frequent than the 205 and goes via Western Road rather than College Road. Again, Bus Eireann just provide the time of departure from Lotabeg... so any ideas if catching the bus on Western Road around 18.30 might get me to college in time.

All advice/experience appreciated :pac: including alternative commute ideas such as pogo-sticking, hang gliding etc.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Booom!

Im not familiar with cork but I know the no. 5 bus goes from Kent to Patrick St. to CIT.

Heres a link to the timetable
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1339169099-Cork205.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I only know about the 205, but what that does is leaves CIT, heads down Model Farm Rd. to Dennehy's cross then along college road and then straight into the city (only one stop in between those two!). To get from CIT to Dennehy's Cross is usually less than 10 minutes either way depending on how many times it stops to let people on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Thanks for the advice lads.

Advertisement