Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic PVRs and Saorview

• 12-09-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at latest range of Panny PVRs (DMR-BWT720 and others)

Before buying one of these units for use in Ireland, some questions...

Anyone got actual experience of these boxes with Saorview ?

And, if anyone is in range of a UK dvb transmitter and is able to get both Saorview and Freeview... do they mix them into one EPG ?

Given the tech specs of Saorview and FreeviewHD I expect they'll work but I'd love to get some first hand experience to confirm it.

I'm already using a DMR-BW880 in the UK and am very happy with it), would like to get similar for family in Ireland.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

I'm not up to speed on this but this guy seems to be aware of a sound problem.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80463267&postcount=4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭tmull

Look up my posts in the Blu-ray and dvd recorder sectiom in the Home Entertainment section. If you need further information,just ask.TMULL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭zg3409

There will be a Saorview approved PVR launched in the next few weeks. Then Series link information will start being sent by RTENL.

Until then it is not possible to test any box fully. Personally I would wait until this box is launched. Even if the approved box is not much good at least the series link can be tested on all other boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 starfry

Thanks, do you know who is making that approved box ?

I find it really incredible that the industry appears to have been not prepared for this at all. In the north east, practically everyone gets tv from both ROI and NI broadcasters and those people are used to being able to record from the 7 or 8 channels they get. I've been to many shops asking about this only to be met with blank looks.

I'm going to wait a little longer. I had hoped to buy a PVR as a present and get it installed before the 24th october. I guess that isn't going to happen...

We've already got a Fergson arriva combo but, frankly, this is ok as a viewing device but seriously falls short as a recorder. Here's to waiting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

starfry wrote: »
    do you know who is making that approved box ?

Walker - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80522570

pending approval, Triax (twin-tuner PVR ready) - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80523548#post80523548

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭zg3409

A warning on that Triax. You can buy it today. It will probably be Saorview approved shortly. However as I said on another thread it may not be approved as a PVR and it may not do series link.

Saorview has said the Walker (no model number) will be Saorview approved as a PVR with series link.

I would wait for a review before buying. It is supposed to be out before Oct 24th. It may or may not work with the NI channels.

Advertisement