Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC in Drimnagh

• 12-09-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭

Afternoon!

I've just moved house to a place on Rafter's Road in Drimnagh from Terenure and was hoping to bring my UPC broadband over. I was shocked to hear when I rang this morning that it seems that broadband isn't available in the area, while the tv is. My friend lives literally around the corner and has UPC so it's a bit annoying.

This means I'll be looking to switch to WiMAX, which is available. It's annoying because it's not nearly as fast and I've heard very mixed things, while I've had Jo problems with UPC since I've had it.

Anyone around the area have any other broadband suggestions/tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Iceman888

Hi Tenks,

How far is it from your friend?? If just around the corner, do you mean semi detached house or is over 25m?

I was having the same problem but sorted by liaise with my friend to share the internet cost using a Ethernet cable and router but we are living just beside each other.

Another solution is you can look for a wireless point to point connection (I think PC world or other PC store has it just ask) to your house but you might only get half of the speed with correct configuration. ;)

Any questions please feel free to PM me.

Regards
    Iceman888

Advertisement