Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limavady Facebook page "names and shames" pedophiles

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

GastroBoy wrote: »
    How?

These pages are probably set up by the sort of moron that attacks paediatricians' offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

El Weirdo wrote: »
    How?

These pages are probably set up by the sort of moron that attacks paediatricians' offices.

Yeah, use 6 words from what I wrote and try to make an argument from it, clever!!!
    If you quoted all that I wrote it would have answered your pathetic attempt at confrontation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yeah, use 6 words from what I wrote and try to make an argument from it, clever!!!
    If you quoted all that I wrote it would have answered your pathetic attempt at confrontation.
    I'm not trying to argue with anybody. I just see no good in these things at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

"I believe everybody should know if there is a pedophile in the area but I don't think this is the right way to go about it."

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

but you did write, "in a way a good idea".

Which they are not, vigilantism is not a good idea, becasue these people rarely concern themselves with facts or due procedure and invariably end up hurting some innocent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Terrible idea - everyone should be innocent until proven guilty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

El Weirdo wrote: »
    How?

..yeh, thanks to those idiots, the podiatrists are allowed free rein, the feckin perverts.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭p to the e

Where are the facebook pages "naming and congratulating" paedophiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Just because there's a Paedo in your area, doesn't mean he's gonna fancy YOUR kids.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Could easily be used to carry out some sort of personal grudge

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

OSI wrote: »
    And After Hours reaches a new low. I'm out.

Post of the day AND a new low in After Hours? I'm on a roll today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Just because there's a Paedo in your area, doesn't mean he's gonna fancy YOUR kids.

That's true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Irish people are to stupid to have such a page.

Colmustard wrote: »

Nom Nom Nom..... delicious irony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Colmustard wrote: »

Are you trying to be ironic or are you actually saying that you think it's a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

We had a pedophile list that was just as reliable...... on one of the toilet cubicles in my secondary school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Yes, my kids are very ugly. I blame the mother.

I have no kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Unlikely the numbskulls who'd set up such a page actually care about kids, just looking for an opportunity to witch-hunt and intimidate - and opting for the crime that causes the most outrage and paranoia in society nowadays seems the perfect strategy.

Plus, obsession with paedophilia always seems very "The lady doth protest too much" to me...

Advertisement