Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Journalism gone mad.

• 12-09-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Heres my "1st world problem" of the day - i.e. me being baffled by the following. Read the article linked below and see if you notice a weird thing that I have seen time and time again in irish journalism.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/borrowing-costs-fall-to-2010-levels-after-german-ruling-3227634.html

Spolier...

Notice how the last 3 lines are repeated from earlier in the article! What gives? :confused:

The Taoiaeach also admitted the EU deal on reducing Ireland's bank debt will be delayed.

EU Commissioner Olli Rehn set a deadline of October for the deal, but Mr Kenny conceded it will probably take longer.

"There may be some small slippage there but I expect that to be implemented in full," he said.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Probably originally had it in one place, decided it would flow better if moved and forgot to delete the original section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Its the indo though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Ive seen it about 4 or 5 times in the last year.*

* Proof reading has got his coat and left the building.

it's not "journalism gone mad", it's "bad editing"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

OP, I think you are gone mad.

You have used the "journalism" and "independent.ie" in the one post...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Is it the Illuminati trying to do something to our minds do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Just a crossover influence from TV reporting: "Tell them once, tell them again, tell them what you told them".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Definitely bad subediting, can't see how that could have been intentional.

Advertisement