Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy claimed to have been seen at a Waterford retreat centre

Options
  • 12-09-2012 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

Girl from dungarvan was telling me this morning that Larry Murphy was reported to have been attenting some kind of spiritual retreat in the west waterford area. I can only assume that he is thus in Mount Mellary monastery as I know retreats are run there. I did a quick google search and it is apparent that a number of people are aware of it this morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

oops. Just found out that there is another retreat centre in waterford located somewhere near Carrick on Suir. It could be either I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭Cryogen

When will it be time that people will leave Larry Murphy alone and stop posting/printing his whereabouts

Larry Murphy served his time and does not deserve the public interfering with his life

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭coadyd

tell that to the girl he attacked...

Well we just thought that people in the area might be concerned that he was around. I remember he was in the glen of aherlow about 6 months ago and that was confirmed. The Guards seem to have lost track of him at one stage in Cahir town and there were several garda cars flying up and down the Tipperary road in a desperate frenzy trying and locate him. My mother and sister saw the guards at this as they were in the Cahir House hotel and could see the guards going around checking places.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

I just don't understand it; why would Larry Murphy claim to have been seen at a Waterford retreat centre..??

• Advertisement

I just don't understand it; why would Larry Murphy claim to have been seen at a Waterford retreat centre..??

No, he is not saying people saw him there. Yeah, why would he do that? Some other people claim to have seen him taking part in some retreat or other. Anyway from past sightings of him in the Glen of Aherlow at the hotel it would seem that he makes regular enough visits to Ireland. Looking like twice a year anyway. Shure remember back to when he was confirmed to have been back and visited a sick relative in baltinglass hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

Cryogen wrote: »
    When will it be time that people will leave Larry Murphy alone and stop posting/printing his whereabouts

Larry Murphy served his time and does not deserve the public interfering with his life

Everyone should have a means of knowing exactly where someone like him is at all times. Paedophiles and rapists home addresses should be made available so everyone knows the danger that could be living near them. As soon as a paeodo or rapist commits their 1st act I believe they have given up their rights as a member of society and do not deserve any peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Demonical wrote: »
    Everyone should have a means of knowing exactly where someone like him is at all times. Paedophiles and rapists home addresses should be made available so everyone knows the danger that could be living near them. As soon as a paeodo or rapist commits their 1st act I believe they have given up their rights as a member of society and do not deserve any peace.

Should be doing it for everyone released from prison then. A thief who served his time in prison could easily steal again, possibly even steal from you. Best have their full details available at all time.

If someone ends up going to prison for drink driving, you should be allowed see their details so you don't end up going for a drink with them or parking your car near their car.

/Sarcasm

Should be left to the Gardaí to know these full details and police them as they see fit in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

No, he is not saying people saw him there. Yeah, why would he do that? Some other people claim to have seen him taking part in some retreat or other.

Ahhhh I see. It's just the way you titled the post it suggests "Larry Murphy claimed..." the same as "Larry Murphy said" or "the cat meeoowed"... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

"At about 10.15pm, the rapist pulled the woman out of the boot and made her strip naked. He dragged her down a forest trail before violently raping her another three times.
    ‘Make love to me,’ he demanded, kissing her mouth as he violated her. Placing a white plastic shopping bag over her head, he told her that she would never see her family again, and forced her back into the boot of his car. He began to suffocate and strangle her but the woman kept struggling to get the bag off her head. He took the bag and stuffed it in her mouth. She felt light-headed and struggled to breathe.
    But she somehow found the strength to kick and managed to get her right foot out over the boot. She kept struggling until eventually she had her two legs over and could feel her feet touch the ground. As she struggled, he repeatedly slammed the boot lid on her legs, leaving her writhing in pain. ‘At one stage I asked if he had a gun because he may as well have shot me, the pain was so bad,’ she said later.
    Suddenly the lights of an approaching car lit up the forest. The rapist let go of the naked woman, who stumbled forward, running in blind panic into a barbed wire fence."

If he is only a rapist, I'd be surprised. He doesn't deserve sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Rubbish post.:mad: And its because of attitudes like this that scum like him exist in the first place. this guy brutally raped a girl and attempted to murder her if it were not for the actions of two local men who were out hunting in an extremely remote part of Wicklow. He can thank his lucky stars that he was before a court in this banana republic rather than the USA were he would be serving possibly penal servitude for life or in China,where by now he would have got a single bullet to the head.
    Remember that this guy also refused point blank,time after time in prison to accept counselling for his "illness". I have my own opinions of why he refused but for obvious reasons cant say here, but i'm sure many people will know what i mean.!!
    He should be hounded for the rest of his time on this Earth, and deservedly so. :mad:

Larry Murphy is considered a reformed character, if he is not then he would not have been released

If he is going to these retreat centres of his own accord, its suggests hes changed for the better

I liken the "everyone should know his whereabouts" to the witch hunts of the middle ages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Larry Murphy is considered a reformed character, if he is not then he would not have been released

WRONG...
    he is the product of a failed justice system in a banana republic.

washman3 wrote: »
    WRONG...
    he is the product of a failed justice system in a banana republic.

Explain to me your concept of a "banana republic" and how you can improve upon it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

He can't be there, He was in Cork yesterday, Dublin 8 last night and then Cork again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

The policeman in charge of the investigation would certainly not call him a reformed character. He refused to take any help in prison. He is a high risk to offend again is what the experts think. Hopefully they'll be proven wrong and he'll get himself together and move on with his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

lol, yeah, everyone who gets out of prison does so because they are reformed.

He was out early on "good behavior", which only means he didn't cause trouble in prison.

No one is calling for vigilante justice, but keeping an eye on him and letting him and other people know we know where he is will keep him out of trouble (that is, keep people safe). That's not mentioning he is still considered a suspect in other disappearances.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Afaik the Guards know where he is and it isn't in Ireland. There is almost daily reports of where he is. Larry seems to be in several places at once.

Anyway, by law, he is a freeman. This topic cant continue for that reason and for a multitude of other reasons.

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement