Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need lots of advice.....

Options
  • 12-09-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi guys,

Im hoping some of you can help with some wedding advice please.

Basically my other half and I have decided to go for a very small low key wedding (we are starting fertility treatment so money is super tight but we are keeping this to ourselves), we had planned the big wedding but have since cancelled that and not told anyone yet. We have also changed date/location. I just cant face planning a big wedding as im not living in Donegal nor can we afford to.

We are planning on a civil ceremony in Donegal and are looking at the M**nt Er****al hotel in letterkenny for a small civil ceremony for immediate family and a sit down meal with them after. The plan then is to have a big party that night and ask all our family and frends, many of whom will be travelling from England, Dublin and other counties.

So.....to my questionssmile.png

*Is it too much to ask people to travel for essentially only a party with a buffet and not sit down meal? Although we had a party for my parents anniversary last year and people travelled and i have gone to friends/family important birthdays etc that were party only and no sit down meal.

*To keep costs down we were going to go with a dj for the night only, would this be ok and can anyone recommend any donegal dj's? The one we wanted (J Bos**) is already booked but have got a quote off smenter****ments - does anyone know if they are any good? Another name i heard is Hugh Coy** aka Mr Wild??

* The venue we have in mind, i have been told is not great for civil ceremonies as they tend to leave the bride to it and dont offer any help on the day, i have been told that on a few occasions the registrar had to have a word with the hotel staff. Any feedback on this venue?

* Is there anything else, cheap but fun and interesting we could offer our guests to show we appreciate their coming to the evening only? I would love a free bar, champagne etc - we couldnt afford to do this. We will get the best buffet we can though.

* Should we send save the date cards and let people know (and what would we even say) that it is only an evening/buffet invite. Also dont want people thinking they are the only ones getting this invite and others are getting a full day one so wording is important that everyone knows what we are doing.

Thanks for reading, i really appreciate any feedback at all

Lolly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Already posted here. Please dont spam your query across different forums.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement