Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should my passport be stamped departed?

Options
  • 12-09-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

I posted this in US & Canada travel but in case this is a better place for it, here goes...

I've just realised my passport was never stamped as departed when I left USA.

This is because I left via an internal flight and then didnt have to go through immigration at SFO when departing as I was already in the terminal.

Is this right or should I have a departed stamp?

Will this cause issues for me for future travel to the USA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Raladic

There is no stamping at departure from the US.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Are you an Irish Citizen entering under the visa waiver scheme??

So long as you surrendered the green stub that you got in your passport / travel document, then you're grand. If not, then you might be considered to be still in the country. My advice, give the American embassy in Ballsbridge a call and give them heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Are you an Irish Citizen entering under the visa waiver scheme??

So long as you surrendered the green stub that you got in your passport / travel document, then you're grand. If not, then you might be considered to be still in the country. My advice, give the American embassy in Ballsbridge a call and give them heads up.

The OP has had the question answered to his satisfaction in the Passport forum.

The US no longer put a green visa document in your passport. You are logged out by virtue of meeting an immigration official when departing the US but even if you don't, the API information you've supplied to the airline means that they can attest to the fact that you left the US as scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You are logged out by virtue of meeting an immigration official when departing the US but even if you don't

No official involved. The airlines actually provide the information to authorities. Same as the collect the passport stubs for those who have visas and pass them on.

Advertisement