Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaining extra points? Need help help please!

• 12-09-2012 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I first completed my Leaving Certificate in 2010 and didn't recieve enough points for a course I would like to do. I decided to repeat it and sat it again in 2011 in a Repeat Leaving Cert course.

I was in UCD for around two months studying English with Film but I don't think my head was in the right place for college, so I decided to work for the year leading up to September and apply again to the CAO.

However there was a data error which I never noticed in my CAO application and when offers were made I recieved none as the CAO never got my results from the previous Leaving Certificate. By the time second round came about I had recieved no offers what-so-ever. So...

Here I am once again not in a course and facing another year of working leading up to next September. I don't mind working some more as it is only now I realise how much I actually want to be in a college.

I sat higher level maths in 2011 and so I have 25 extra points, bringing my points up to 430 points. Should I sit back, work and then try again? or is there anyway I would be able to get extra points by doing a plc or fas course?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

From what I can tell, if you do a FÁS course or a PLC course that would be taken on it's own as a replacement for a Leaving Cert in many course, I don't think they ever take both together, it's one or the other really.

Advertisement