Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Staggering hypocrisy towards Chris Brown

• 12-09-2012 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

There has been some staggering hypocrisy displayed on social networks and other outlets the world over towards Chris Brown after his assault of Rihanna. People are saying they no longer like his music, because they know he is a nasty person in his private life.

A common example is this much-circulated review: 6a00e54f9153e08833017743cfc8c5970d-400wi1.jpg

Now, don't get me wrong, I regard Chris Brown as a knuckle-dragging thug whose music I wouldn't voluntarily listen to in a thousand years, but since when did someone's personal life affect your opinion of their creative output?

Mark Wahlberg once beat up an elderly Vietnamese man so badly he left him permanently blind in one eye. Yet how many of you paid to see the film Ted this summer?

In case you're wondering, I paid to see Ted, because the fact that Mark Wahlberg viciously assaulted someone doesn't change the quality of a film he was in.

And just because Chris Brown beat up Rihanna doesn't mean his music has suddenly dropped in quality. It's the same level it always was. Frankly, I can't stand his music, but if you liked the crap he was churning out years ago, you're a hypocrite for claiming to dislike it now because of the Rihanna assault.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Now, don't get me wrong, I regard Chris Brown as a knuckle-dragging thug whose music I wouldn't voluntarily listen to in a thousand years, but since when did someone's personal life affect your opinion of their creative output?

He does not have any creative output. At all. Ever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

I listened to Chris Browns - Yeahx3 and punched my gf 3 times in the head.... i'm not going to see ted now just in case

Wahlberg was 16 at the time and under the influence of PCP.
    Just FYI.

Wahlberg was 16 at the time and under the influence of PCP.
    Just FYI.

so PCP did it not Mark Wahlberg ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Wahlberg also faced time for his actions. Chris Brown has not.

davet82 wrote: »
    so PCP did it not Mark Wahlberg ;)

Yeah it's funny, PCP usually turns people into a great bunch of lads.:)

Wahlberg also faced time for his actions. Chris Brown has not.

Served time and pleaded guilty, changed his life after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Wahlberg was young and under the influence of drugs, he turned his life around and now does a lot of charity work and by all accounts is ashamed of his past. Now, I'm not saying Chris Brown can't or won't do this, but so far he has used the incident with Rihanna to his benefit and to culture a hard man image.

I actually listened to his stuff before he hit Rihanna, wouldn't now though, I'd look like a hypocrite in front of my kids if they ever asked me about it. I don't want them looking up to someone like him. End of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

No-one cares how much you like Chris Brown's music, OP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

John Lennon was also a wife beater.

Yeah it's funny, PCP usually turns people into a great bunch of lads.:)

but smoking PCP and listening to Chris Brown could be bad for you, i understand now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I think it's the fact that his music is utter shit that makes it so easy to hate him.
    If it were someone talented I'd say there'd be less outrage.

but smoking PCP and listening to Chris Brown could be bad for you, i understand now :D

It makes you feel like you're the only girl in the world.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

OSI wrote: »
    Radios are vilified any time they play Gary Glitter's records, I don't see why Chris Brown's records shouldn't receive the same treatment.

bring back the glitter man!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

OSI wrote: »
    Radios are vilified any time they play Gary Glitter's records, I don't see why Chris Brown's records shouldn't receive the same treatment.

In fairness, fiddling with kids is in a whole other league compared to what Chris Brown done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Chris browns new tattoo looks like a beaten up woman :pac:

chris-brown-neck-tattoo-1-400x300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

you smoke pcp through your butt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Confab wrote: »
    No-one cares how much you like Chris Brown's music, OP.

And I don't care about this comment.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The personal life of someone shouldn't affect enjoying their creative output, though I suppose there is the argument that you are supporting them financially.

Thankfully Chris Brown has never produced anything good so I can avoid the moral dilemma.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

As I said in the other thread about this, take it to the Celeb forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement