Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goodbye KeithM89

Options
  • 12-09-2012 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

The greatest after hours mod of all time has closed his account. He will be sadly missed. GOOD LUCK KEITH, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN X X X

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

:(

Very good and fair mod.

Boo to that.

More a legends of Boards than a Feeback issue though..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

:( Shame, he was a real help. Hopefully he'll still be on boards in some form or another.

Moved as per helpful suggestion above.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

He seemed like a nice guy and he was a very decent mod. Sad to see him go.
    I'm sure he'll still be around possibly under a different username.
    Goodnight sweet prince. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

Link to profile?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

KeithM89

Well that sucks!

I used to notice a lot of Keiths funny replies to threads before he was a mod.
    It was funny in the beginning how people used to mix him up with that other Keith too. The one from the North shall we say. :D

A good mod and decent bloke. Will most definitely be missed!
    I'll miss posting nonsense on his page:p

No idea why he closed his account and I guess it's none of my business either, but I hate to see regular posters suddenly close their account like that. It can be a little concerning in a strange way.

Anyway, obviously hope he's back here someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I know it's not our business but I'm just curious, do mods have to actually inform the Cmod/admins/whatever first?

And weird, I thought he was getting along just fine and was a nice fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Why was the OP banned after one post?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

KeithM89 = Cool Chick 99 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Who?

KeithM89 was my favourite mod :-(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I know it's not our business but I'm just curious, do mods have to actually inform the Cmod/admins/whatever first?
    I don't think I'm giving away any secrets by saying yep they do and I've never heard of anyone who didn't. Naturally as just disappearing could leave your comods in the lurch if nothing else. Gives everyone time to find a replacement if needed etc. Good manners if nothing else too.
    And weird, I thought he was getting along just fine and was a nice fella.
    He still is :D Life can get in the way and if someone feels they can't give it enough attention they reckon better to take a break from it, drop modding or even close their account.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Real pity. He was a good poster.

Looking at another old thread there.. Mad the amount of good posters that are gone...

TheZohan, hondasam, Dudess, stovelid, chin_grin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

:eek: I know I kept him busy but I'm sad to see him go :(. I always liked our Keith.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

The greatest after hours mod of all time has closed his account. He will be sadly missed. GOOD LUCK KEITH, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN X X X

This guy is banned, but I hope he's lying ??? RIP Keith's Account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

dave3004 wrote: »
    KeithM89 = Cool Chick 99 !

Wow, that's sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Keith welcome back.;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Is he still showing up to the beers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

I used to notice a lot of Keiths funny replies to threads before he was a mod.
    Nothing like a Modship to ruin a good poster.

I'm not joking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Dean09 wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll still be around possibly under a different username.

Would he be entitled to get his moderator status back if he does??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Would he be entitled to get his moderator status back if he does??

He probably closed his account because he didn't want to be a mod anymore. Easier to reopen a new account if he wants, than just return to being a regular poster. Some people take mod actions personally and hold a grudge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Wibbs wrote: »
    I don't think I'm giving away any secrets by saying yep they do and I've never heard of anyone who didn't. Naturally as just disappearing could leave your comods in the lurch if nothing else. Gives everyone time to find a replacement if needed etc. Good manners if nothing else too.

Mods/Cmods/Admins don't have to do it, though like you I'm unaware of anybody who did it. If any user closes their account while still a mod of a forum then HQ is emailed to give them a heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

We never even got to say goodbye :(
    Just like when my parents took Sandy down to a farm down in Cork because the neighbors were complaining about barking :(

sad-dog-meme-generator-say-goodbye-to-all-of-your-friends-and-get-in-the-car-ccf558.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well it's always sad to see a mod go but even more sad when it's a mod like Keith. An absolutely fantastic mod and poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Some people take mod actions personally and hold a grudge.

Heh. They surrrre do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

There was one guy who kept re-reging just to have a go at him. It was pathetic.

Never had a problem with the guy and never saw him do anything as a mod that I considered the least bit unfair. Funny guy to top it off.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Keith liked to.. brandish a pistol; as television character Jack Bauer in his avatar but in reality he never could bring himself to pull that trigger.

Some may say it takes a strong man, others might say takes less of a man but in truth it takes a ruthless son of a gun to marshall dodge n keith just couldn't do that to his fellow man.

RIP. Ah do have a feelin he'll return, in a reincarnation of a preferred role for the lord works in mysterious ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I wonder if the OP is sad that there are no allegations of Keith being one of those power-tripping nazi fascist communist tin-pot-hitler dictator wanker types.

Thread may have been started by a worthless muppet trying to re-reg, but I'll leave this open to allow the KeithM89-love to flow. Or at least exude. If you know what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

He knew the mistake he'd made in becoming a casual mod of AH in the first place n was considering bailing ever since, tbh. Aside from pretty much effectively reducing yourself to a lurker it's hard to keep track of where some things are let go; n others aren't n ban recipient develops a grudge and starts a campaign.. now we'll never know who or where the **** he is even if he does re-reg so op don't be revelling in your apparent contribution.

Wasn't a harsh enough mod, maybe that's why you felt unique in being hard done by but occasionally bans have to be seen to be happening.. that is all.

/could keep the name but ignore the inbox?

Advertisement