Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved away from Ireland

Options
  • 12-09-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently I moved abroad, I have been hit with several late payment fees on my account because my salary is now paid into my bank account here in holland. I have been unable to pay my direct debits for the first month. Now that my job is secure here and my rent and deposits and everything are paid I would like to start repaying my car loan, credit card ...etc

Is there any chance I can get some of the late payment fees waivered? I had a tough time moving here and the bank are not the only ones to give me a good ol' irish send off and send me the bill during what was a tough financial period for me personally. I have never been late at repaying any of my credit before. I have transferred some money back into the account now but its just sitting there and its not being payed into the various other accounts for repaying load, credit card ...etc.

My number has also changed, so I am sure the bank could not contact me. At the moment I cannot call any number overseas, if you can, could you please contact me by PM and ill provide my number if you want to speak to me about anything, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Funkygreendogs,

Sorry to hear about the recent difficulties you have experienced.

We would not be in a position to request callbacks from the various departments. However, we can request that a Customer Advisor in your branch makes contact with you. If you can PM us with your full name, account holding branch and your contact phone number, we will be able to arrange this for you.

All the best with the new job.
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Funkygreendogs,

We received your pm and an advisor from your branch will be in touch today.

Thanks,
    Tara

Advertisement