Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to education scheme question

• 12-09-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi. I have just started on a Fetac level 5 Art and Design course which progresses to Fetac 6 in the 2nd year and would like to continue on to a 3rd level collage to receive a Degree after MY PLC course and so on. I am currently receiving the back to education scheme and have been told that you can't reapply for the btes to continue onto your 2nd year when the first year is finished. So instead of waiting 3 months you have to wait an entire 12months to reapply for the back to education scheme. This seems strange and I wanted to know if its true and if so are there any ways around it? I am currently living in an apartment of my own and am receiving rent supplement on top of the btes. I fear a part-time job throughout the collage year would not be enough to sustain me.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

Hi. I have just started on a Fetac level 5 Art and Design course which progresses to Fetac 6 in the 2nd year and would like to continue on to a 3rd level collage to receive a Degree after MY PLC course and so on. I am currently receiving the back to education scheme and have been told that you can't reapply for the btes to continue onto your 2nd year when the first year is finished. So instead of waiting 3 months you have to wait an entire 12months to reapply for the back to education scheme. This seems strange and I wanted to know if its true and if so are there any ways around it? I am currently living in an apartment of my own and am receiving rent supplement on top of the btes. I fear a part-time job throughout the collage year would not be enough to sustain me.

You were told wrong my friend, no need to worry. You absolutely CAN keep your BTEA as you progress from 1st year (Level 5) into second year (Level 6) and beyond. It wouldn't make much sense otherwise, I know our system is backwards but its not that backwards!

Don't worry about I have done it myself. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pencil Wizz

Thanks man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 evopat41

Hi, was wondering if you could define what social welfare consider to be a fulltime course is, i am starting a fetac level 5 course in Oct, and would need to apply for bte, as i will have extra costs like petrol etc. The course is monday-friday, 9.30-1.30. i was just wondering if this would be classed as a fulltime course, cus i dont think you are eligible for bte if it is part time. I am a dependent on my partners jobseekers allowance. any advice woud be great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pencil Wizz

I think as long as its from Monday to Friday its considered full-time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

evopat41 wrote: »
    Hi, was wondering if you could define what social welfare consider to be a fulltime course is, i am starting a fetac level 5 course in Oct, and would need to apply for bte, as i will have extra costs like petrol etc. The course is monday-friday, 9.30-1.30. i was just wondering if this would be classed as a fulltime course, cus i dont think you are eligible for bte if it is part time. I am a dependent on my partners jobseekers allowance. any advice woud be great. Thanks.

It's 5 days a week, It's full time.;) They don't need the hours off you. Your college has to write a letter confirming you are enrolled and in attendance in the course. The name of the course, start and end date, and whether it is full or part time.

You give this letter to the social welfare office along with your BTEA application form.

• Advertisement
Advertisement