Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House in Donnybrook, Douglas - reasonable offer?

Options
  • 12-09-2012 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya,

I know people are probably sick of these threads but I really would like a few opinions on this - spotted it on daft today, only up 2 days.

It has an asking price of 210k - IF i were to go see it and decide I like it, would 175k be a reasonable offer? Bearing in mind, it's described as semi detached when in fact it's not!

Thanks

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=669966

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

If it went up 2 days ago at 210k, surely they have already adjusted their price.....35k under is a start but I would think it could only go up wards for a sale

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Doom wrote: »
    If it went up 2 days ago at 210k, surely they have already adjusted their price.....35k under is a start but I would think it could only go up wards for a sale

How do you mean "surely they have already adjusted their price"?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/22-hollygarth-donnybrook-cork-city/1608918

This went sale agreed after being dropped to an asking of 210 in july, which it didnt necessarily make. Looks to me like it may be bigger but in same estate. If so 175 might be a little high to open with?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Offer whatever you like. Worst can happen is it's rejected.

Serious lowball offers will only cheese a vendor off. What do you think the property is worth? €210k seems pricey for a terraced house.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Number_5

Serious lowball offers will only cheese a vendor off

I would not personally worry about cheesing anybody off when it comes to property negotiation. If your offer to too low it will get declined, that is all. Nothing to stop you making many subsequent offers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

As the old saying goes, if you are not embarrassed by your first offer, it's too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

id start off lower if u have finance sorted tell them uve the finance ready to go. a couple i work with are after getting a lovely house within 10 mins of there. they were 1st beaten to the house the bidder couldnt get the cash the estate agent came back to them when it fell through and they got the house for over 20k less than they had budgeted for.

Advertisement