If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

37-40 inch soarview tv required

Options
  • 12-09-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey Richersounds,

I'm in the market for a new tv for the saorview switchover.

-must 37 or 40 inch (37 preferred)
    -must be full HD
    -must have v good picture quality
    -must be saorview compatible.

Not too fussed on 3D or any smart tv functionality as I have an appletv and an av amp.

Any recommendations for a good value / good quality TV?

Cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thebigredmachin

bump.

i was looking at the PANASONIC VIERA TXL37E5B and the PANASONIC TXL39EM5B. are these tvs both saorview compatible?

both of the specs look the same. Whats the difference?
    can you pm me the best price?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bump.

i was looking at the PANASONIC VIERA TXL37E5B and the PANASONIC TXL39EM5B. are these tvs both saorview compatible?

both of the specs look the same. Whats the difference?
    can you pm me the best price?

Hi Barry.

Thanks for the email and sorry for the delay.

The new TXL39EM5 is a great screen and a great new size -it's very similarly specified to the 37E5 with the same 150Hz processing, 4 HDMI etc etc so for my money, the best value is in the 39" model.

Unfortunately it's not currently listed as Saorview approved but I can't see why this model would be any different to the rest of the series this year. I can't 100% guarantee that this will work with Saorview until it is approved and being a spanking new model it may not have been tested just as yet. (it is Freeview HD which means that it will 100% receive Saorview but I'm not sure about the mheg5 text - but I'm pretty damn sure that it will work no problem)

The Euro price including delivery would be 719.99. Alternatively, we can charge you in sterling and allow your bank to convert the amount. Let us know if this is of interest or if you have seen a better price on this model.
    ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thebigredmachin

Hi Barry.

The Euro price including delivery would be 719.99. Alternatively, we can charge you in sterling and allow your bank to convert the amount. Let us know if this is of interest or if you have seen a better price on this model.

thanks for the detailed reply john,

yery interested in the 39 now. I've been told that it has the mheg digital text too..

I sent you a pm with the price I found on powercity, let me know if you can match it!

cheers,
    barry

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.