Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"horny" dachshund problem ( sort of )

• 12-09-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I have a little bit unusual problem. Not much of a problem, but it just makes me a bit worried and some people told me to give it some time and he will be back t normal.

So situation is like this now:

For the first time in 8 months when I open door after days work I am not greated by my Kusco, but I just barely see his back when he just fires up to neighbours yard and goes whole kamasutta style at their dog. ( neighbour does not mind it, we told him what's happening and he was just meh... That dog is lose in the yard all day, I think he mentioned something about her not being able to make puppies )
    So, I open door around 11:00 and he will be with her all day, no matter what weather. When I have a look at them all I can see, is Kusco going at it... Damn I wish I would have so much energy....we almost have to force him to be at home. He would get nervous and very sad. Neighbours dog constantly walking around our house does not help it. One morning she was scratching the back door to get our dog out!!!
    We got few days ago a little brother for him, which is only 2 months, but Kusco is just ignoring him. He is being good with him, does not mind him playing with his toys etc, never acts aggressive to him, but no contact, he just try's to walk away. That makes it a bit sad as Barney ( little brother ) wants to play with him.

I was thinking it was more of an issue of new baby brother, but it was clear as day that all he can think off is "pussy" ( sorry ). It completely changed dog! He became distant, does not want to play with us or even be with us. He is not aggressive at all, still loveliest dog on earth, but he just does not want to be at home.

So will I get my dog back when neighbours dogs "days" will be over? Or that's just out little 8 month Kusco becoming a man and he will be like this most of the time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is your dog neutered?

Im not sure what the problem actually is to be honest, im a bit lost??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

andreac wrote: »
    Is your dog neutered?

Im not sure what the problem actually is to be honest, im a bit lost??

Sorry. Problem is: all he is thinking off is pussy. One place he want to be in: pussy. Where can I see him all the time: in pussy.
    If I close him at home and put him away from pussy, then he becomes the most unhappiest dog ever. It completely changed him.
    So I masking of he will be back to normal as soon as neighbours dog stop the "day of the month" thing. Or it's just his way of being mature?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

He will be like that whenever he can smell a bitch in heat, and the scent travels pretty far. Dogs are known to try escape to get to females, sometimes causing themselves injury in the process. Get him neutered and it almost certainly solve this problem.

I say almost certainly as, with some dogs, the humping gets to be a habit, but this can be overcome with training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Seriously, could you stop using that word, its not very nice!!

Ill ask again, is he neutered? If he isnt then this is normal behaviour if there is a bitch in season close by and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it and you cannot stop this behaviour if he is entire.

I would ensure your dog cannot get near that neighbours dog or ask your neighbour to keep their dog away if shes in season and your dog is entire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Tazium

Can you move the other dog? It might help if she was somewhere else. Even up stairs would do it.

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Seriously, could you stop using that word, its not very nice!!

Ill ask again, is he neutered? If he isnt then this is normal behaviour if there is a bitch in season close by and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it and you cannot stop this behaviour if he is entire.

I would ensure your dog cannot get near that neighbours dog or ask your neighbour to keep their dog away if shes in season and your dog is entire.

"pussy!!!"

Sorry couldn't resist.

I was trying to make even more obvious as my main post was not clear enough.

No he is not. We had that done to previous dog ages ago and he was still shaging everything that moved, and not moved, don't see the point doing it again to these dogs. The main question still stands, will he overcome that after she is done with it? If that something that happens now and then ( not often enough as it is ) I don't mind.

I know some people will start all the stuff about making a boot camp for my dog and treat it like sargent from full metal jacket to show my dominance as a higher male over him, but I wount do all that.
    He never even needed anything drastic, he was/is always a very good dog. He listens. when we are in park, he will be right by me and if there would be other dogs, he would just go closer to my leg while we passing by. Even if dogs goes all ghetto on him, he still calmly walks by with me. I can eat with him in my hands and he won't even try to go near our food. Goes home when told to ( at least did ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

If the bitch is in season why on earth did the neighbour say she 'can't make puppies' of course she can. If she was spayed, then she wouldn't be having a season, come on, obviously you know that. So I hope that as the owner of the sire that you are going to take responsiblity for the puppies that are going to arrive in a couple of months time and find homes for them or keep them yourself. Or maybe they can be dumped in the local pound and killed after 5 days, just as long as your dog keeps getting his rocks off hey.

Oh, heres a novel idea, keep your dog contained on your own property, as the law says. And yes I know my tone isn't very polite, but either you're winding people up with the use of the word pussy which doesn't offend me at all, but shows your immaturity or you're a complete idiot.

ISDW wrote: »
    If the bitch is in season why on earth did the neighbour say she 'can't make puppies' of course she can. If she was spayed, then she wouldn't be having a season, come on, obviously you know that. So I hope that as the owner of the sire that you are going to take responsiblity for the puppies that are going to arrive in a couple of months time and find homes for them or keep them yourself. Or maybe they can be dumped in the local pound and killed after 5 days, just as long as your dog keeps getting his rocks off hey.

Oh, heres a novel idea, keep your dog contained on your own property, as the law says. And yes I know my tone isn't very polite, but either you're winding people up with the use of the word pussy which doesn't offend me at all, but shows your immaturity or you're a complete idiot.

where is the report button gone? i want to be mature one. name calling is an offence, so ill leave it at that.

now how about reading more? I said that i talked to owner and he did not cared a bit, few times. so why should i care then? I cant keep him on my own property ( which is not mine, but rented ) as there are no proper fencing, just the bushes. his dogs are coming to our own yard themselfs too. I guess here goes one more time " read more", as i mentioned their dog scratching our backdoor. so its not like my dog goes with all war paint on his face, sneaks in, gives a good plowing session and runs out with big grin on his face.

I was not winding up anyone with pussy, it was more of Tongue-in-cheek bit, but when someone gets "offended by it" it makes it even more fun. So still no simple answer so far. Give me the answer and i can just go with my "pussy jokes" away.

nevermind, finnaly got by Pc and did a google search and found out everything i needed in few clicks. why did i even started a thread here...

thank you for help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

where is the report button gone? i want to be mature one. name calling is an offence, so ill leave it at that.

now how about reading more? I said that i talked to owner and he did not cared a bit, few times. so why should i care then? I cant keep him on my own property ( which is not mine, but rented ) as there are no proper fencing, just the bushes. his dogs are coming to our own yard themselfs too. I guess here goes one more time " read more", as i mentioned their dog scratching our backdoor. so its not like my dog goes with all war paint on his face, sneaks in, gives a good plowing session and runs out with big grin on his face.

I was not winding up anyone with pussy, it was more of Tongue-in-cheek bit, but when someone gets "offended by it" it makes it even more fun. So still no simple answer so far. Give me the answer and i can just go with my "pussy jokes" away.

You're absolutely right, the bitch's owner is completely irresponsible, so you should be exactly the same, thats how the world works. How about putting some fencing up? Thats possible, even on rented properties. I read it all, and if you have fencing up, their dog would not be able to get into your property, and yours wouldn't be able to get out - its really not rocket science.

You also mentioned how you open your door and he runs out and you leave him out there, did I read enough?

Please feel free to report me, you've managed to get the word pussy in another post, you're dead clever, I'm so impressed. I'm guessing you're about 13, so maybe you should stop this trolling and get on with your homework?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Mod note: ShadowHearth, warning issued for deliberate and gratuitous use of unacceptable sexual terms on a forum which children often use.

Mod hat off: Shadowhearth, on the possibly mistaken assumption that you're not trolling, you were given good advice here. Fence your dog in,as the law requires (the fact that you rent your property is not an excuse for not stopping your dog roaming), and if you want him to stop visiting the supposedly neutered dog next door (this seems unlikely), get him neutered.

Mod hat back on again: thread is closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement