Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Appeal To Selfish Dog Owner

Options
  • 12-09-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I would like to Appeal once again to the Selfish and Careless dog owners who do not clean up their dog's litter. My 6 year old Son knelt on some dog s**t while playing on the green with his friends yesterday.
    He was extremely upset. It was on his leg and shoes. He ran into the house, thus transferring the mess indoors. The smell so so vile that he also vomited.
    I don't need to discribe how unpleasant the clean-up job was for me! and all because the Dog owner won't carry a plastic bag and put their Dogs mess in the bin provided. OK Rant Over....:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Two Boys wrote: »
    I would like to Appeal once again to the Selfish and Careless dog owners who do not clean up their dog's litter. My 6 year old Son knelt on some dog s**t while playing on the green with his friends yesterday.
    He was extremely upset. It was on his leg and shoes. He ran into the house, thus transferring the mess indoors. The smell so so vile that he also vomited.
    I don't need to discribe how unpleasant the clean-up job was for me! and all because the Dog owner won't carry a plastic bag and put their Dogs mess in the bin provided. OK Rant Over....:mad::mad::mad:

Which green ? Where did this happen ?

As unlikely as it is that the dog owner will be reading here they certainly won't know it was their dog without some detail ? Why not approach the dog owner directly ?

Or should we all just assume this park is in Charlesland and you just came here for a pointless rant ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Can I add to this list, the dog owners who decide that its too much trouble to actually carry their bagged dog crap back to a bin, and decide to suspend it from the nearest tree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I know it's not meant to be funny but that's the funniest thing I've read all day :pac:

But yeah, seriously, dog shit sucks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

my point of view would be to just get over it,dogs **** its the way of the world,for me 6 year old kids out playing or whatever it is they do cause me much more hassle than dog ****.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

my point of view would be to just get over it,dogs **** its the way of the world,for me 6 year old kids out playing or whatever it is they do cause me much more hassle than dog ****.
    ;)
    Oh well! That probably says more about you then doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

That's horrible.
    It might not have been an irresponsible dog owner though, but a dog just rambling around by itself. Saying that, the management companies could step up and install some small bins around the estate - that is something that Charlesland is easily lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Rasmus wrote: »
    That's horrible.
    It might not have been an irresponsible dog owner though, but a dog just rambling around by itself.
    ????

BTW I was pleased to come across a newly installed dog waste bin yesterday in Charlesland.

????

BTW I was pleased to come across a newly installed dog waste bin yesterday in Charlesland.

What are you confused about here? You haven't noticed dogs wandering about without an owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

;)

In responce to Swanner, It was on the Green in Charlesland between the wood and the court, but it could happen anywhere as this problem in not restricted to any one area, it is a problem all over Charlesland. Yes, I did have a rant but maybe if more people speak up about this issue some of the careless dog owners will cop-on?
    NegativeCreep and Plasterit up, you shocked me with your replies, if this is how you feel don't reply at all, Toxocara causes blindness in Children, Fact. This disease is caught from contact with dog and cat poo, fact.
    And maybe if you knew that the real dangers you would not be so quick to mock me!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

What are you confused about here? You haven't noticed dogs wandering about without an owner?

Sure. I was confused that you said crap from unattended dogs wasn't due to irresponsible owners. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but you seemed to imply that the owner of such a dog wasn't responsible for where it crapped.

• Advertisement

Sure. I was confused that you said crap from unattended dogs wasn't due to irresponsible owners. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but you seemed to imply that the owner of such a dog wasn't responsible for where it crapped.

No, owners are indeed responsible! I was saying that perhaps the problem of loose dogs is as big of a problem as owners not clearing up dogcrap.
    I hate to see dogs off doing their own thing, they risk getting hit by cars and/or getting up to all kinds of things.
    Dog poo on the roads and greens is a major talking point in Greystones - dog control less so. Seems like we can do little about the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

;)

In responce to Swanner, It was on the Green in Charlesland between the wood and the court, but it could happen anywhere as this problem in not restricted to any one area, it is a problem all over Charlesland. Yes, I did have a rant but maybe if more people speak up about this issue some of the careless dog owners will cop-on?
    NegativeCreep and Plasterit up, you shocked me with your replies, if this is how you feel don't reply at all, Toxocara causes blindness in Children, Fact. This disease is caught from contact with dog and cat poo, fact.
    And maybe if you knew that the real dangers you would not be so quick to mock me!

Look, we were all 6 at one stage and we've all stepped in **** or slide tackled someone and gotten dog **** all over themselves. It's happened to all my friends and it definitely is not a new thing. Your child is not going to get toxicara. Toxicara infection rates are 2 in 1 million.

Charleston is no worse than anywhere else either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BigElf

Good to see some of us can tolerate our neighbours blatant disregard for our common areas.

Nothing can be more annoying than stepping in dog dirt and having to clean it from your shoe – whether you are six or sixty six.

I propose we help offending dog owners out by picking up after their dogs, packaging it up and popping it in their letterbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fi Fi

Wow. Yet another example of someone posting to this website, and getting abuse for it.

Love to know where the figures come from. I got it when I was a kid from a neglectful dog owner, and know 2 others.

I've also had the experience of cleaning it from my sons hair, hands etc.

This is supposed to be a site to share information. Let me know if it continues to be a forum where certain people just come on and abuse others, and I can redirect them to a much more suitable site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

I'm shocked at the ignorance of some of the replies on this thread!

I don't have a dog and one of the reasons is because I can't face cleaning up after it. Why should I then, and others (those who don't have dogs & those that do and clean up after them) have to put up with cleaning dog poo from our shoes, cars, houses when it is not our responsibility?

Am also curious if those who don't have a problem with dog poo in public areas are dog owners?

Am also curious if these people have a problem with chewing gum and litter on our streets?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 walnut grove

I suggest calling the warden. They will take all loose unattended dogs away. That will put the word out. The next one I catch ****ting will receive said **** back in through their letterbox so take note readers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

I suggest calling the warden. They will take all loose unattended dogs away. That will put the word out. The next one I catch ****ting will receive said **** back in through their letterbox so take note readers.

I tell you what, regardless of whether I left sh1t on the grass or not, if it was put back in my letterbox, I'd make that person eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 walnut grove

Scoop the poop and you'll have no bother then fella :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Swanner wrote: »

Which green ? Where did this happen ?

As unlikely as it is that the dog owner will be reading here they certainly won't know it was their dog without some detail ? Why not approach the dog owner directly ?

Or should we all just assume this park is in Charlesland and you just came here for a pointless rant ?
    Why are you being so mean to this mother?i mean the venom in your response is palatable..why?why even respond at all?read the text and get on with your life..idont have a dog or a cat and im constantly removing the mess of both from my garden..one responsible dog owner near me opens her door at night and lets her small dog out loose to **** willy nilly where it wants on the street..btw i live in charlesland..

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Why did your son kneel on dog ****,next time he won't do it after this little lesson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Sappa wrote: »
    Why did your son kneel on dog ****,next time he won't do it after this little lesson.

Unbelievable response, just unbelievable...

When I am out walking, I have to constantly watch where I'm walking or I could end up with poo on my shoes so for a child playing on grass it is ridiculous to say they won't do it again. If dog owners don't pick up after their dogs there is a very good chance the child will do it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Keep it civil ladies and gents.

Two people have already received warnings over silly posts....

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sappa wrote: »

Maybe because he didn't know it was there? :rolleyes:

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Sure little roderick is the apple of her eye and he would never foolishly step on ****.
    In my day we grabbed a dock leaf and scrubbed it off,then used the outside tap to clean our hands and shoes as we knew we would get a roasting if we dragged it inside.

Maudi wrote: »
    Why are you being so mean to this mother?i mean the venom in your response is palatable..why?why even respond at all?read the text and get on with your life..idont have a dog or a cat and im constantly removing the mess of both from my garden..one responsible dog owner near me opens her door at night and lets her small dog out loose to **** willy nilly where it wants on the street..btw i live in charlesland..

I had 2 issues with the OP and I called them out.

The post served no purpose other then a rant. If you want a problem solved, take it up with the people directly. Posting anonomously on boards will not magically resolve the issue for you. And people from charlesland regurlarly post about "the park" and "the grove" and assume we all know it's charlesland. In the context of the OP it's particularly important to state the area you're taking about.

I have stood in dog crap loads of times as have my kids. It's unpleasant but I accept the fact that dogs will crap and the fact that it's 2012 doesn't change that. Dog's don't understand this new fangled political correctness.

Anyway, if you want to fix it, speak to the dog owners, drop leaflets, call the dog warden, organise a Saturday cleanup etc etc. Anything, but a pointless rant on boards will not make a blind bit of difference and the crap will still be there long after the thread is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The post served no purpose other then a rant. If you want a problem solved, take it up with the people directly. Posting anonomously on boards will not magically resolve the issue for you. And people from charlesland regurlarly post about "the park" and "the grove" and assume we all know it's charlesland. In the context of the OP it's particularly important to state the area you're taking about.

I have stood in dog crap loads of times as have my kids. It's unpleasant but I accept the fact that dogs will crap and the fact that it's 2012 doesn't change that. Dog's don't understand this new fangled political correctness.

Anyway, if you want to fix it, speak to the dog owners, drop leaflets, call the dog warden, organise a Saturday cleanup etc etc. Anything, but a pointless rant on boards will not make a blind bit of difference and the crap will still be there long after the thread is closed.

Spot on.

Nah, this is nothing to do with 2012 and political correctness. You don't see the sheer amount of dog crap in other parts of Europe as you do here. Greystones is particularly bad (along with Seapoint). Of course dogs will crap but seriously, this laissez-faire attitude of some Irish dog owners is beyond ridiculous. While a rant may not lead to dealing with this problem, not giving a crap doesn't either!

Nah, this is nothing to do with 2012 and political correctness. You don't see the sheer amount of dog crap in other parts of Europe as you do here. Greystones is particularly bad (along with Seapoint). Of course dogs will crap but seriously, this laissez-faire attitude of some Irish dog owners is beyond ridiculous. While a rant may not lead to dealing with this problem, not giving a crap doesn't either!

OK so i'll say it again. Give a crap and do something about it. Something real, something positive. Have a weekly dog crap cleaning party in your estate !! Anything !!

But the lazy attitude of "post it on boards and the issue will go away" is unfortunately all too prevalent around here sometimes.

So Rasmus and Two Boys....what are you going to do to address the problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

Look, we were all 6 at one stage and we've all stepped in **** or slide tackled someone and gotten dog **** all over themselves. It's happened to all my friends and it definitely is not a new thing. Your child is not going to get toxicara. Toxicara infection rates are 2 in 1 million.

Charleston is no worse than anywhere else either.

Was just trying to make a point, again, that not cleaning up after Dogs is wrong. Dog owners need to take on the responsibilities that come with pet ownership i.e cleaning up after them and keep them on a lead.
    Yes we all have stepped on Dog **** at some stage.
    We used to all smoke on Buses, and drive kids round with no car seats, it is no longer acceptable to do these things.

• Advertisement

Was just trying to make a point, again, that not cleaning up after Dogs is wrong. Dog owners need to take on the responsibilities that come with pet ownership i.e cleaning up after them and keep them on a lead.
    Yes we all have stepped on Dog **** at some stage.
    We used to all smoke on Buses, and drive kids round with no car seats, it is no longer acceptable to do these things.

So it's no longer acceptable for dogs to crap on the green ?

Has anyone told the dogs ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement