Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Appeal To Selfish Dog Owner

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Swanner wrote: »
    OK so i'll say it again. Give a crap and do something about it. Something real, something positive. Have a weekly dog crap cleaning party in your estate !! Anything !!

But the lazy attitude of "post it on boards and the issue will go away" is unfortunately all too prevalent around here sometimes.

So Rasmus and Two Boys....what are you going to do to address the problem ?

OP was bringing up a community concern and you have no idea if she has called the warden, cleaned up numerous craps etc. You, however, seem to be trolling a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Absolutely disgusting. If only all dog owners were aware of the sheer chaos dog dirt can wreak when it comes in contact with clothing/carpets - especially when its fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Remember how dog **** in the 1980's was often white and crumbly? That was much easier to cope with.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

Look, we were all 6 at one stage and we've all stepped in **** or slide tackled someone and gotten dog **** all over themselves. It's happened to all my friends and it definitely is not a new thing.Your child is not going to get toxicara. Toxicara infection rates are 2 in 1 million.

Charleston is no worse than anywhere else either.

You say her child is not going to get Toxicara but yet you add statistics that people actually do get it! How do you know her child will not be one of those that do?:confused:

And where is Charleston? Because if its full of dog poo I'm going to stay away from there too:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Rasmus wrote: »
    OP was bringing up a community concern and you have no idea if she has called the warden, cleaned up numerous craps etc. You, however, seem to be trolling a thread.

OK my comment about telling the dogs was facetious but the fact that you can't respond in a sensible and rational manner is hardly reason to accuse me of trolling.

Two dogs has had plenty of opportunity to tell us what actions she has taken.

Oh and I see you have both failed to answer my question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Swanner,

Please Drop the facetiousness and antagonist attitude.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I completley disagree that i'm being antagonistic but i'll bow out of this thread regardless so everyone can agree with each other about what a terrible problem it is without actually doing anything about it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

There will be incidents where a stray dog will do his business and that's unavoidable but for people out walking with dogs only fair to clean up if he/she goes to toilet on the greens.

The thread seemed to turn into tit for tat rows betwen people trying to wind each other up so moderator probably best it's closed and people use the head.

No point in the discussion going any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Two Boys wrote: »
    Was just trying to make a point, again, that not cleaning up after Dogs is wrong. Dog owners need to take on the responsibilities that come with pet ownership i.e cleaning up after them and keep them on a lead.
    Yes we all have stepped on Dog **** at some stage.
    We used to all smoke on Buses, and drive kids round with no car seats, it is no longer acceptable to do these things.

So it's no longer acceptable for dogs to crap on the green ?

Has anyone told the dogs ?
    Why do people keep dogs anyway??i.m.o i find its people with a bit of a want in them..i mean look at the situation...your dog ****s...you pick up dog ****...you have dog hair alli over your house and clothes and furniture and food..they smell..they dig your garden up..you keep half tins of dog food in your fridge f.f.s....vet bills ..walking..kennels..etc..for WHAT? for the company???thats the usual answer...i could do without company like that!! if your dog ****s in your house..you would clean it up (i presume)if it ****s outside..clean it up..simples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

Maudi wrote: »
    Two Boys wrote: »
    Was just trying to make a point, again, that not cleaning up after Dogs is wrong. Dog owners need to take on the responsibilities that come with pet ownership i.e cleaning up after them and keep them on a lead.
    Yes we all have stepped on Dog **** at some stage.
    We used to all smoke on Buses, and drive kids round with no car seats, it is no longer acceptable to do these things.

So it's no longer acceptable for dogs to crap on the green ?

Has anyone told the dogs ?
    Why do people keep dogs anyway??i.m.o i find its people with a bit of a want in them..i mean look at the situation...your dog ****s...you pick up dog ****...you have dog hair alli over your house and clothes and furniture and food..they smell..they dig your garden up..you keep half tins of dog food in your fridge f.f.s....vet bills ..walking..kennels..etc..for WHAT? for the company???thats the usual answer...i could do without company like that!! if your dog ****s in your house..you would clean it up (i presume)if it ****s outside..clean it up..simples![/Quote

I have two dogs so does that qualify me as having twice the want ?! Or want and a bit ?! I always clean up after mine - after that the dog Nazis can stick it up their proverbials, I think it was GB Shaw who said ' the more I get to know people the more I love my dogs', with ya there GB ! Who, astoundigly enough despite being the owner of several dogs was intelligent, articulate, and a prodigious and incredibly successful writer ....... and trust me, dog hair in your cornflakes isnt so bad 😄

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement