Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden floor restoration

Options
  • 12-09-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

We were planning on getting a laminate floor down in the sitting room but when we lifted the carpet there was a solid floor in under it,i was wondering if anyone knows someone local that would give it a sanding and a bit of a tidy up,and if anyone has had it done did it cost much,the laminate floor was costing about €400.
    7979844896_251e3bc506_c.jpg7979843033_3b2f6e7302_c.jpg7979852333_0ffe823e01_c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I recently rented a drum sander and did a floor myself, easy enough done.

Check out your local tool hire place. Might be worth a go - whats the worst that'll happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

What and how did you finish it,any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

mk2 wrote: »
    What and how did you finish it,any pics?

Ah now, haven't got that far yet!

Its just been sanded back, sitting now waiting while I decide on how to paint/varnish it. I work in spurts.

Advertisement