Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasps nest - in garden wall (breeze blocks) - removing

Options
  • 12-09-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have a wasps nest in my garden wall (normal breeze block wall). There is a hole in one of the blocks that they are using.

It is right beside the back door and patio area and is obviously a massive nest as there is a constant stream of wasps in and out.

What is the best way to get rid of it? I've searched here but it all seems to be fro ground nests.

Do wasps hibernate? Can I just wait a week or two and whack in some expanding foam or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

"Hollow block" is what you mean. Expanding foam would be a cool solution, but maybe a bit over-dramatic :pac:
    Put a small rag soaked in petrol at the entrance where they land, so they have to walk on it. Don't light it. They die when they lick their feet clean inside the hive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

Hi guys,
    I have a wasps nest in my garden wall (normal breeze block wall). There is a hole in one of the blocks that they are using.

It is right beside the back door and patio area and is obviously a massive nest as there is a constant stream of wasps in and out.

What is the best way to get rid of it? I've searched here but it all seems to be fro ground nests.

Do wasps hibernate? Can I just wait a week or two and whack in some expanding foam or something?
    Are you sure they are wasps and not bees?just on the off chance.O:-)

Advertisement