Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm so pissed off

• 12-09-2012 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19 Honeybooboo

The reason why I am so pissed off is because today I found out that someone in my work place who has only been there less than a year has been giving a permanent position in saying this we both are on contract work and I am finished in three months while this person is not finished for another three years. He has clueless when it comes to the job and comes to me for advice and help without the boss knowing. When this permanent position came up, I really thought that my name would be put forward as I have worked in this industry for years while this is the first time he has experienced this.

I had to listen to them all on coffee break how he would be perfect for this position. I could believe what I was hearing.

Like seriously WTF

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

In with 'Blast him with Piss!' before this gets locked...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The reason why I am so pissed off is because today I found out that someone in my work place who has only been there less than a year has been giving a permanent position in saying this we both are on contract work and I am finished in three months while this person is not finished for another three years. He has clueless when it comes to the job and comes to me for advice and help without the boss knowing. When this permanent position came up, I really thought that my name would be put forward as I have worked in this industry for years while this is the first time he has experienced this.

I had to listen to them all on coffee break how he would be perfect for this position. I could believe what I was hearing.

Like seriously WTF
    Did you put your name forward. Why wait for somebody else to do it? Maybe he had this thought....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Quit your job that will teach them.

Nobody is ever going to suddenly put you forward for a position for no reason, ever

apply yourself next time and/or do any appropriate networking for it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Must be a reason, like not putting your name forward and hoping someone will for you?

Maybe thats what he did, took the opportunity..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Chauncey

Nail on the head there, enda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Buy an iPhone 5. It will guide you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Like seriously WTF

Tabloid journalist, by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Didn't you get the memo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Maybe, just maybe. He is better at the job then you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Honeybooboo

I was talking to the boss for the last few weeks about if anything comes up that I will put my name forward before this position came up BTW the boss said in front of everyone, God you will be sadly missed when your gone, what are you going to do. The boss said that he will push for him to get the position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

He got the job because he got off his rear and did something about it, rather than waiting for it to fall into his lap.

Maybe, just maybe. He is better at the job then you are.

Really then how is it that this person comes to me panicking that he fooked up on something and that he would really need my help and to not to tell the boss. This guy has not even his leaving cert done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

this we both are on contract work and I am finished in three months while this person is not finished for another three years.

It's illegal to be on a temporary contract for 3 years, the most is one year at which point you must be offered a permanent position or be let go. Maybe his year was up maybe you will get it after a year.

Chauncey wrote: »
    Nail on the head there, enda.
    Thanks man. Actually having a really good day. Got made permanent in a contract job. Was supposed to be a temp position, but I got wind of this opportunity coming up and approached the boss. I didn't expect to get it, as I am quite new to the industry, have been out of work for ten years, only have two teeth in my head and can't lie straight in a bed, but the boss said that I was quick to learn, and not afraid to approach my colleagues for help/advice if I ever felt I was in over my head. Exactly the kind of attitude they need, apparently! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

you have three months to come up with a cunning plan to show this person up for the fraud they are.the clock is ticking....

He got the job because he got off his rear and did something about it, rather than waiting for it to fall into his lap.

This person doesnt even know the job exists yet as he does not work wednesdays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Something smells a bit off alright.

Well. That's the internet told. You're permanent job will be emailed to you by Monday at the latest.

As I said, the boss knew well in advanced that if a position comes up to put my name forward. Seriously, I was that close to telling the boss to go a f!"k himself.

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Well. That's the internet told. You're permanent job will be emailed to you by Monday at the latest.[/QUOTE

Your sarcasm is ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Ask him to go for a drink with you tonight to celebrate his wonderful good luck, just make sure you leave him sleeping with the fishes,

tomorrow put your name forward.

Something smells a bit off alright.

Maybe it's a blessing as it shows what type of muppets I work for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Tough OP

Sorry to hear, but I take it you did everything to get the position and not just assumed you had it. You could ask why you didn't get the job as right now you have nothing to lose and then you will never know.

endacl wrote: »
    Well. That's the internet told. You're permanent job will be emailed to you by Monday at the latest.[/QUOTE

Your sarcasm is ****
    Can't help it. Your whinging is also four asterisks. Welcome to AH.

Ask him to go for a drink with you tonight to celebrate his wonderful good luck, just make sure you leave him sleeping with the fishes,

tomorrow put your name forward.

This position just came up today, as someone else was offered a job somewhere else not even the boss knew until today. The guy my boss is pushing for wont know until tomorrow as he was not in work today.

do you work with this other guy all the time? maybe he does some very good work inbetween the mistakes he comes to you about.

or your boss could just be a **** and have it in for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Is he younger than you? Has he more experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Good looking people usually get bstter promotions than not so good looking people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

So a job came up which you didn't apply for and someone else got it?

No-one and I mean no-one has your best interests at heart, you need to manage your own career and even if this guy is as bad as you say he still had the wherewithal to land a permanent position

I'm not being hard on you but you're responsible for your own life / career and as they say he who hesitates.....

Why don't you ask the boss for a permanent position, sell yourself that's obviously what the other person did

Is he younger than you? Has he more experience?

No this guy would be in his 40's and has not had a job in ten years, has not even completed his leaving cert. I have trained him in and when he was doing a course, a went through it with him and told him what to put into it. The boss was grateful for this. No this guy has no other job, he wouldnt lie straight in a bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Pageant work dried up OP?

This position just came up today, as someone else was offered a job somewhere else not even the boss knew until today. The guy my boss is pushing for wont know until tomorrow as he was not in work today.

go over his head, put your name forward for his job, tell them he is never at work and seems to make some very suspect decisions,

see how he likes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

cloptrop wrote: »
    Good looking people usually get bstter promotions than not so good looking people.

jesus, kick the lad while he is down like...

beeroclock wrote: »
    So a job came up which you didn't apply for and someone else got it?

No-one and I mean no-one has your best interests at heart, you need to manage your own career and even if this guy is as bad as you say he still had the wherewithal to land a permanent position

I'm not being hard on you but you're responsible for your own life / career and as they say he who hesitates.....

Why don't you ask the boss for a permanent position, sell yourself that's obviously what the other person did

Numerous times I have said to the boss, if a position comes up, put my name forward. I am blue in the face telling him and the boss kept saying nothing is available yet. Thanks though

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    Pageant work dried up OP?

I am in my 30's and have work hard all my life. Saying that, this guy has only two teeth, yes two teeth in his head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Jesus Christ man....nothing out of your mouth makes sense. Why don't you sllow the fcuk down and explain what happened because I can't understand a word your saying. Are you saying this guy has been in the job less than a year on contract and still has 3 years to go?? How the fcuk is that possible? Who gets a four year contract in a job (other than footballers)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

I am in my 30's and have work hard all my life. Saying that, this guy has only two teeth, yes two teeth in his head.

Vampires DO have ways to influence mortals. Hmmm..

Then why don't you go over your boss's head and apply directly to the people who are offering the permanent position?

Jesus Christ man....nothing out of your mouth makes sense. Why don't you sllow the fcuk down and explain what happened because I can't understand a word your saying. Are you saying this guy has been in the job less than a year on contract and still has 3 years to go?? How the fcuk is that possible? Who gets a four year contract in a job (other than footballers)?

Its a community employment job, people over 35 are entitled to three years. Before he started on CE, he has not had a job in ten years.

• Advertisement

Then why don't you go over your boss's head and apply directly to the people who are offering the permanent position?

The boss and the person who will be interviewing the candidates are the best of mates.

you have 3 months to feed him with disinformation, and anything he is working on viride it,

if you think he was riding on your shirt tail, let him know, by your actions, youth will always win out.

A guy in his 40's with two 2 teeth, no Leaving Cert and has been unemployed for 10 years is qualified for a job that YOU WANT??????

WTF is this job? mopping the cum off the floors in peep-show booths?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is it a job as a bottle opener, you're better than that OP.

A guy in his 40's with two 2 teeth, no Leaving Cert and has been unemployed for 10 years is qualified for a job that YOU WANT??????

WTF is this job? mopping the cum off the floors in peep-show booths?

Assistant Supervisor for M

Numerous times I have said to the boss, if a position comes up, put my name forward. I am blue in the face telling him and the boss kept saying nothing is available yet. Thanks though

Fair enough

Ask your boss what skills you were lacking then.

Id go along the lines of I noticed xyz was made permanent and good for him. As you know I have expressed interest many times in the past about permanency can I have a few minutes of your time to discuss what skills I would need to brush up on should a similar position arise as I would welcome the chance to be considered formally.

Be professional and friendly, it is what it is and feedback will help you in the long run

Assistant Supervisor for FAS

I wouldnt be telling the world the company and position if I were you

wprathead wrote: »
    jesus, kick the lad while he is down like...

but not in the face.

beeroclock wrote: »
    I wouldnt be telling the world the company and position if I were you

Ooop, Assistant Supervisor for a monkey show

Assistant Supervisor for FAS

public sector worker

/thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement