Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm so pissed off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Ooop, Assistant Supervisor for a monkey show

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Firstly why does it matter if the other person in question here has a leaving cert? If he can do the job it's irrelevant what qualification he has.

Secondly if you're so sure that he can't preform in this position without your help then let him at it. Give no more help, if he's as inept as you say he'll be found out quickly.

Thirdly assert yourself more, make it apparent it's your work that's needed and valued.

Now this is all considering it's a perfectly normal unbiased working environment but what you're saying here screams of personal issues between employees and / or good bad relations with the boss or management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I am in my 30's and have work hard all my life. Saying that, this guy has only two teeth, yes two teeth in his head.

people that don't get references to their own usernames make baby Jesus cry..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Ooop, Assistant Supervisor for a monkey show
    Way to cover up! And we all wondered why you were passed over! Really though, it's Fas, having two teeth just makes a matching set with brain cells, so, no biggie. We here feel your pain. Sorry for your trouble, etc etc, be nice Pottler, be nice.....agggghhhh, the straaaaaiiinnn.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Honeybooboo

I will do my time and then I will run out the door. It shows me what they think of me

• Is his written English as bad as yours?

Is his written English as bad as yours?

They see me trolling, they're hating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

They see me trolling, they're hating

Its a PS job, so you may be able to redress the wrong of, someone less qualified been picked over you. That is if your case is as sound as you say it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

Maybe you have a much higher opinion of your capabilities than your superiors have. Also you are annoyed that you didnt get a job, which you did not apply for?

Finally your boss saying you will be missed etc... Perhaps he means you will be missed in a sarcastic way and is glad you are leaving

You seem very pissed off maybe this attitude has gone unnoticed in the past in your job

Next time a position comes up that you feel you can do, apply for instead of crywanking on here

All the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Maybe you have a much higher opinion of your capabilities than your superiors have. Also you are annoyed that you didnt get a job, which you did not apply for?

Finally your boss saying you will be missed etc... Perhaps he means you will be missed in a sarcastic way and is glad you are leaving

You seem very pissed off maybe this attitude has gone unnoticed in the past in your job

Next time a position comes up that you feel you can do, apply for instead of crywanking on here

All the best

It only became aware today to everybody, I can understand the OPs frustration, but maybe the person in question who got the job (which I find hard to believe in such a short space of time),

the situation could be questioned by the OP, if he has the nerve to do it, not an easy thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sir Pompous Righteousness

Well, look at it this way. At least being pissed off is better than being pissed on. I can tell you that from experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Not a single word of this thread do I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Your own fault OP. No ifs, buts or coulds, you didn't put yourself up for the position, because you thought someone else was going to. In which case you didn't apply yourself accordingly. Is it possible that your boss forgot about you, and gave the promotion to someone else? Because I'd say it's likely. You should have at least reminded him or something. Either way don't be blaming others for your failure, because that's the problem with Irish people. They can't take responsibility for their actions, and instead blame others.

jobs are hard to come by these day as everyone knows, not applying for a job shows no interest. Why should a company beg somone to apply for a job when there is somone else showing assertiveness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Dude,
    Maybe your dodgy grammer has something to do with it .. I had to read your posts 2 or 3 times before they made sense ...

How you like DEM Apples !! HUH !

• Advertisement

jobs are hard to come by these day as everyone knows, not applying for a job shows no interest. Why should a company beg somone to apply for a job when there is somone else showing assertiveness?

did you not read the OPs post, it only happened today, his boss did not know about it till today,

so how do I apply for a job I know nothing about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Quit your job and go into kids beauty pageants.

Why should a company beg somone to apply for a job when there is somone else showing assertiveness?

because i is blick ?

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    Dude,
    Maybe your dodgy grammer has something to do with it .. I had to read your posts 2 or 3 times before they made sense ...

How you like DEM Apples !! HUH !

Maybe you just don't read so good.

Maybe you just don't read so good.

true, but I'll still have a job in three months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

I am in my 30's and have work hard all my life. Saying that, this guy has only two teeth, yes two teeth in his head.

That explains it. You are both beaver impersonators

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

No1. Ask why you weren't put forward for the job. You are entitled to know especially if you are qualified for the position. Why wasn't the position advertised?

No2. Quit helping this fella. If he asks in future tell him he has to stand in his own two feet and show that he's capable of doing the job he's being paid to do.

No.3. If you have been discriminated against then make a complaint. I think it's the Rights Commissioner who deal with those sort scenarios.

true, but I'll still have a job in three months

and in 4? you could be the next thrown to the wolves, I hope this wont be the case but you never know,

how would you feel if you were,(unless your self employed).

and in 4? you could be the next thrown to the wolves, I hope this wont be the case but you never know,

how would you feel if you were,(unless your self employed).

I'd feel awful of course.
    that's why I have the matress full of wads.

CJC999 wrote: »
    No1. Ask why you weren't put forward for the job. You are entitled to know especially if you are qualified for the position. Why wasn't the position advertised?

And why exactly is he entitled to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Face Licker

Will I lick him the face for you?

I'd feel awful of course.
    that's why I have the matress full of wads.

LOL address please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

It's illegal to be on a temporary contract for 3 years, the most is one year at which point you must be offered a permanent position or be let go. Maybe his year was up maybe you will get it after a year.[/Quote]

This is incorrect, you do not have to be offered a permanent contract after a year

No one knew that this position was coming up including my boss. At the time when we were told and I having to listen to management say that this guy would be perfect for it obviously I was taken back that I didn't speak up to put myself forward. Obviously the job has to been advertised to allow others to apply. I'm just saying that with my qualifications and experience I was surprised that he didn't say to me "you should apply also". My name was never mentioned at all. Even though I had to sit there with them and listen to it. Maybe I should grow a back bone and speak up more for myself. Sorry for the grammar earlier, I was that annoyed that I couldn't think straight.

Just to add that I am finishing up in a few months and this guy only started.

did you not read the OPs post, it only happened today, his boss did not know about it till today,

what are you talking about?

"When this permanent position came up, I really thought that my name would be put forward as I have worked in this industry for years while this is the first time he has experienced this. "

Shows the OP knew about the position and did nothing as expected others to put OP's name forward, nobody did as why would they?

Lost out on the job and now is badmouthing the new perm employee on an annoymous forum the last few hours

good work OP!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

lol OP :pac:

"When this permanent position came up, I really thought that my name would be put forward as I have worked in this industry for years while this is the first time he has experienced this. "

Shows the OP knew about the position and did nothing as expected others to put OP's name forward, nobody did as why would they?

Lost out on the job and now is badmouthing the new perm employee on an annoymous forum the last few hours

Yes shows the OP knew about the job at some stage,(the very early stage) how do I react to something that has not happened, but yet has happened without me knowing about it,

a lot of arse licking and car washing the guy got the job, but employees were bypassed, hey our company might go down the pan, but your worth it.

You are now making no sense. Bye

You are now making no sense. Bye

no worries ill give you a shout in the morning.

thanks talk then m8so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

It's illegal to be on a temporary contract for 3 years, the most is one year at which point you must be offered a permanent position or be let go. Maybe his year was up maybe you will get it after a year.

This is incorrect, you do not have to be offered a permanent contract after a year[/QUOTE]

I'd to read through 5 pages before someone picked up on that. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

No one knew that this position was coming up including my boss. At the time when we were told and I having to listen to management say that this guy would be perfect for it obviously I was taken back that I didn't speak up to put myself forward. Obviously the job has to been advertised to allow others to apply. I'm just saying that with my qualifications and experience I was surprised that he didn't say to me "you should apply also". My name was never mentioned at all. Even though I had to sit there with them and listen to it. Maybe I should grow a back bone and speak up more for myself. Sorry for the grammar earlier, I was that annoyed that I couldn't think straight.

Just to add that I am finishing up in a few months and this guy only started.

so essentially what you're saying is that so far....let me get this right....the only thing that has ACTUALLY happened is they have announced they're GOING TO advertise a position......?

Which you can STILL APPLY FOR?

but Noooo.....much better to go on the internet and bitch and moan about not getting a job which has yet to be advertised so that way, when you don't get it because of attitude issues you can turn around and say : Told you so, it's just not fair (stomp feet and make little fists for effect).

You nearly had me going there for a minute, until I realised that a position becoming available in the PS and being filled in a few days was about as likely as winning the Euromillions twice in a week without having bought a ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Something smells a bit off alright.

Sorry, got a bit excited. Heat of the moment and all. Won't happen again boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

OP you have said in a previous post that they still have to interview him and they have to offer it to him, so the position is still technically available.

So first thing in the morning put your war paint on and ask will they consider interviewing you too. Questions will come up and as you said you know more than him so maybe, just maybe you might just get ahead?? Go in confident. Short skirt, heels and cleavage will do wonders. DO NOT underestimate this. Do a trial run tonight and mail me the photos and I'll respond ASAP.

Stop being so negative and change the situation.

If the worst happens, offer your man a BJ just before and make him miss the interview!

• Advertisement

Walk in tomorrow and report to your boss that you think your rival maybe a nonce or suspect paedo

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

He got the job because he got off his rear and did something about it, rather than waiting for it to fall into his lap.

Oh Yes. It's dog eat dog out there. If you don't see an oppertunity somebody else,( mighn't be half as bright as you) will, and is not going to worry whos toes hes standing on.!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭leverarch12

It's illegal to be on a temporary contract for 3 years, the most is one year at which point you must be offered a permanent position or be let go. Maybe his year was up maybe you will get it after a year.

This is incorrect, you do not have to be offered a permanent contract after a year[/QUOTE]

Maybe its different in different sectors but one of my friends has been on a couple of temporary contracts for close to a year now and when that year is up she will either be let go or made permanent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Obviously the job has to been advertised to allow others to apply. I'm just saying that with my qualifications and experience I was surprised that he didn't say to me "you should apply also".

so you had ample opportunity to apply for the job, and chose not to, and you're complaining about someone else getting it???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Your own fault OP. No ifs, buts or coulds, you didn't put yourself up for the position, because you thought someone else was going to. In which case you didn't apply yourself accordingly. Is it possible that your boss forgot about you, and gave the promotion to someone else? Because I'd say it's likely. You should have at least reminded him or something. Either way don't be blaming others for your failure, because that's the problem with Irish people. They can't take responsibility for their actions, and instead blame others.

Riddle....if you took the time to read instead of blather you would find out that the OP DID put himself forward. He had to go through a chain of command i.e. his boss. His boss was aware of his desire to fullfil any kind of permanent role yet opted to go for Mr. Useless Tootheless. ok?
    "I'd say it's likely" ? Is that another blind assumption? As for blaming others for his failure...strong words there. If you are pissed off at having been dicked over by say a cab driver or a workman are anyone in general is that your "failure" ?

So anyone but an Irish person can complain about being screwed but if an Irish person does it then "that's the problem of the Irish" ?

What on Earth are you on about?

Do you feel better now?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

OP, what exactly do you do anyway? What was the job? Do they actually need someone with a lot of experience or just someone who knows enough and is cheap? Just talk to the boss and ask why you weren't considered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

D1stant wrote: »
    That explains it. You are both beaver impersonators

Visions of the beaver and boss animations in Freddy Got Fingered
    "YA GOT THE JOB BUDDY!!!!"

The guy never put himself forward it is the boss who said he should. Also this guy won't know about the position until tomorrow because he doesn't work on wednesdays. My problem is with my boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Riddle....if you took the time to read instead of blather you would find out that the OP DID put himself forward. He had to go through a chain of command i.e. his boss. His boss was aware of his desire to fullfil any kind of permanent role yet opted to go for Mr. Useless Tootheless. ok?
    "I'd say it's likely" ? Is that another blind assumption? As for blaming others for his failure...strong words there. If you are pissed off at having been dicked over by say a cab driver or a workman are anyone in general is that your "failure" ?

Well if the boss opted for the other guy, then that's the way it is. I don't know the OP so I can't know for sure what the situation is in the workplace. Either way, this so called "Mr Useless Toothless" was chosen. But sure if he really is as useless as the OP says he is, then he'll fail at the job and maybe the OP will replace him in his position when they realize it.
    So anyone but an Irish person can complain about being screwed but if an Irish person does it then "that's the problem of the Irish" ?

No I was referring to this mentality that Irish people have with blaming others. I didn't say anyone but an Irish person can complain about being screwed, but there is a mentality there. I admit I misread the OP, I thought he was having a go at the guy who got promoted instead of him, and blaming him for why he didn't get promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Maybe your boss is been selfish and trying to get rid of a loser(mr two teeth) while keeping someone they can rely on(you)
    Whatever the reason you now have to push to get on the interview list.

You should also consider, as its a supervisory position, skills other than knowing the technicalities are needed. Where I am, the couple of people who know the job the best are also totally unfit to be promoted to such roles, so emphasise your people skills,organisational ability etc not just knowledge of the day to day job.
    Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Well if the boss opted for the other guy, then that's the way it is. I don't know the OP so I can't know for sure what the situation is in the workplace. Either way, this so called "Mr Useless Toothless" was chosen. But sure if he really is as useless as the OP says he is, then he'll fail at the job and maybe the OP will replace him in his position when they realize it.

I assume he/she's just a keyboard warrior. If he/she's not and she looks down on people like this in the workplace that might suggest why he/she was passed over for the job.

Having contracted before, that's life. If you are the kind of person who's helpful then you better make sure you have something to set you apart, otherwise you are making everyone else look like they are on your level. Lesson learned I'd say

• Advertisement
Advertisement